Home

Career ending injury

This is a discussion on Career ending injury within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Career ending injury

The same year that Brady went down for the season, Brady had a Career Ending Injury in my Franchise.

Honestly, up until this year, I had at least 1 Career Ending Injury per season.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

In Madden 11 or 12 I signed TO, and on his first catch with the Colts he broke his vertebrae.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1

Broken vertabrea for Ben Watson in my Browns franchise in M12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Larry Fitzgerald back in a Cards franchise in M11. It was devastating in particular because they still had no QB back then
Old 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaddict
Broken vertabrea for Ben Watson in my Browns franchise in M12.
Broken vertebrae for Kellen Winslow in Madden 13. It was his third year with my team so I did get some use out of him. However his injury time stayed at 40 weeks and he never left my roster so he counted against my cap the next year unfortunately. Then when his contract came up the next year he wanted to negotiate a new one. Excuse me? You have a broken back and are finished. No more of my cap space for him!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had a receiver in a Bills franchise (several years in) who was supposed to be the "replacement" for Stevie Johnson, who'd just retired. His name was Johnell Armstrong and he was well on his way to being just that; he was up to about 85OVR and had an uncanny ability to catch balls in traffic- something I DEMAND from #1 and #2 wideouts.

Weird thing happened: he suffered a broken vertebrae and his recovery timetable was 40+ weeks. He stayed on my team but never got better. It stayed at 43 weeks for the remainder of his career (in which he bounced from roster to roster; I guess none of the teams that signed him realized they were committing to a guy who'd never heal lol).
Old 02-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

Ive had a couple over the last few years. most were in simulation

but playing, I had one that ill never get over. I was winning a super bowl, about to put away the game, my qb was hitting pass after pass taking hits in the pocket. he was a rookie, one of the best ive ever had, I throw a screen pass that unfortunately led to a punt. but I took a hit that was absolutely brutal from H.Ngata. I figured it couldnt be that bad. my backup came in, got picked off for a TD, forced me to run the ball against a darn good run D, I got stuffed, I lost.

after the game I went to the Injury List expecting to see something that didnt matter as it was the last game of the year, so who cares about an offseason injury. ----broken vertabrae career ending injury
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »