Home

Career ending injury

This is a discussion on Career ending injury within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Career ending injury

Last night I was playing my CCM and my starting WR Dixon suffered a fractured vertebra and during the game it said it was career ending. When I went to the team injuries after the game it said his injury length was 61 weeks. This is my first career ending injury I've seen so, what happens? Does he retire at the end of the season or will he come back after 61 weeks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Career ending injury

advance a week and see if it goes down to 60 weeks. If it doesnt, I would say his career is over.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

the weeks may reduce as you advance each week...but at start of the next season, it'll go back to its original number. unfortunately, you'll just have to cut him, because his career is done. This happened to Hakeem Nicks in one of my online CCMs. Broken Vertebrae...it said he was out 32 weeks, when he first got the injury in season one...but when we got to season 2, the counter reset and it said he was out 32 weeks again. So, the owner that had him just had to cut him, because he could no longer be used.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
the weeks may reduce as you advance each week...but at start of the next season, it'll go back to its original number. unfortunately, you'll just have to cut him, because his career is done. This happened to Hakeem Nicks in one of my online CCMs. Broken Vertebrae...it said he was out 32 weeks, when he first got the injury in season one...but when we got to season 2, the counter reset and it said he was out 32 weeks again. So, the owner that had him just had to cut him, because he could no longer be used.
Will it let you? I've had a few players get injured and it won't let me cut them. This is especially frustrating when it happens during the preseason to a player you're using just to keep your superior players from getting hurt.

I play with injuries turned up and at the end of the last preseason I had to put two scrubs on IR because it wouldn't let me release them and their injuries were just long enough that I couldn't just wait it out. I needed the roster space, so IR was my only option.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Well, fortunately for me his contract is up and I hadn't resigned him yet. I guess I'll be letting him go at seasons end then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

you're right, it doesnt let you release injured players...my bad
Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
Rookie

There is a glitch with this. I had a broken vertebra injury that resulted in "61 Week" injury. However, that number never went down.

I expected my player to retire in the off-season. He did not.

I tried to cut him. It wouldn't let me.

So I put him on IR and waited a season.

Next offseason... Same thing. So I put him on the trade block. Got a bunch of offers for him.

Traded him for a 2nd. Now he sits on IR on some CPU's team. Very realistic....
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
Rookie

That's awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »