Home

26 + inch TV vs madden

This is a discussion on 26 + inch TV vs madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #9
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 26 + inch TV vs madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Madden 13 plays/looks a little better when you run it 720p vs. 1080p imo. The game is definitely not 1080 native, and it makes the game look and feel choppier.
Interesting - I'll try mine on 720 bcause my tv refresh rate is only a 60 opposed to 120+ which is the standard set for console gaming.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #10
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

60hz is standard for console gaming. 120hz is for 3D stuff.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
i bought a 32' LG LED TV yesterday and played several games(including madden) on it
i was quite disappointed cuz i expected crispier more vivid graphics from my new purchase

i have been playing madden on 19 ' TV for 3 years and now dont understand why 32' TV doesnt display much better picture quality than 19" does

i saw jagged lines, blurry images and just overall bad visuals
now i, personally,think video games have the best playing on 26 inch TV , on bigger screen than that TVs show only more dots and deficiencies of technological advancement.

what do u think?
Make sure you set your 360/PS3 to the highest HD possible, I'm guessing that's the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #12
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: 26 + inch TV vs madden

42" Sanyo($388) 1080p with HDMI cable purchased from Walmart for $10-15$. My Madden TV and equipment definitely isn't top dollar....but pic looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 02-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #13
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltron
Make sure you set your 360/PS3 to the highest HD possible, I'm guessing that's the problem.
My guess is the problem is this and/or viewing distance.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #14
Banned

Maelstrom's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
i bought a 32' LG LED TV yesterday and played several games(including madden) on it
i was quite disappointed cuz i expected crispier more vivid graphics from my new purchase

i have been playing madden on 19 ' TV for 3 years and now dont understand why 32' TV doesnt display much better picture quality than 19" does

i saw jagged lines, blurry images and just overall bad visuals
now i, personally,think video games have the best playing on 26 inch TV , on bigger screen than that TVs show only more dots and deficiencies of technological advancement.

what do u think?
I have a 42" Samsung & Madden, NHL, NCAA all look good on it. We recently bought a 55" Panasonic, but I have yet to play games on it. It's 3D capable & watching blu-ray movies on it is AWESOME!

However, I oly bought it, so my wife could have something to watch. Me & our son have HD TVs for our gaming. I bought him a 26" Coby TV. Honestly, the graphics just don't look as good on his 26" as they do on my 42" Samsung.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

A couple of years ago, I went from an old style TV to a 42" HD TV. I was blown away by the upgrade. I knew it would be better but I was surprised by just how much. Recall playing MLB 10 and ACII and being very impressed. The HDMI makes a difference but don't bother paying a lot for one. I've found no difference between a £30 one and others I've paid £5 for. Some say that the "gold" tipped/ended ones are better but again, I've seen no difference.

Currently playing Madden 13 on my GF's 50" TV and it is really good but can't say it's better than the 42". The one thing I will say, is I can't sit 10 feet back from any TV. I need to be relatively close otherwise I find it hard to see the nitty-gritty detail. Nothing to do with eye sight BTW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Make sure you picture actually is 1080p (assuming you're using an HDMI cable). I've sometimes disconnected my XBOX to connect another device through the HDMI and when I reconnect the XBOX it sometimes isn't set to the correct resolution and looks bad. Turning everything (TV and XBOX) off then restarting would fix it and it looks fine.

Also when you're dealing with TVs under 40" sometimes they have different resolutions than what you might expect. For example some TVs will be 720p native but 1080 capable. Generally with those TVs, using them in 1080 won't look as good as 720. Basically try to find what your TVs native resolution is and set your console to that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »