Home

Can you change philosophy in CCM?

This is a discussion on Can you change philosophy in CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can you change philosophy in CCM?

Is there anyway to change your offensive/defensive play books in season? Also I'm trying to change the run-pass ratio. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Burnsy18; 02-14-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Can you change philosophy in CCM?

you can change playbooks at the pregame screen where you change uniforms and what not, but it will remain the same playbook you chose at the beginning for practice and such. if you really want to change it, you just have to retire and make another coach.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Can you change philosophy in CCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsy18
Is there anyway to change your offensive/defensive play books in season? Also I'm trying to change the run-pass ratio. Thanks for any help.
To second/clarify what Bmore said....

No you cannot permanently change your play book. You can change it before each game but you'll have to change it prior to every game. You will never be able to change it for the purpose of practice unless you retire and create a new coach.

I could be wrong but I think the only option to set run/pass ratio is when you create your coach. In order to change it you'll have to retire and create a new coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The OP is asking two different questions between the topic subject and the content of the first post.

No, you may not permanently change your playbook in CCM; as previous posters mentioned, you must retire your coach to make a permanent change. You may choose a different playbook in the Controller Select screen prior to entering a game, however. You also may not change run/pass ratio settings without retiring your coach; however, as far as I know, these settings only affect simulated games, so if you plan on playing all your games these settings don't matter.

Yes, you may permanently change your team's offensive and defensive scheme settings, which will affect:
  • the likelihood of prospective free agents re-signing with your team based on scheme fit
  • the likelihood that a given current free agents will sign with your team based on scheme fit
  • player progression bonuses; a player whose player type matches a team's philosophy will be able to progress is AWR attribute faster than a player at the same position who does not match a team's philosophy
Old 02-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
player progression bonuses; a player whose player type matches a team's philosophy will be able to progress is AWR attribute faster than a player at the same position who does not match a team's philosophy
never noticed that part since the only players i typically draft "out of scheme" are WRs and DBs, thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »