Home

O-Line play

This is a discussion on O-Line play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: O-Line play

Great post, Senator Palmer! Thanks for the clarification and insight.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for the info Senator. Although it seems like an interesting design decision. If the slide has no effect on a run play, why is it even an option on a run play? Why not grayed out? (More of a rhetorical question). It just makes it more confusing as a player to figure out how these things work (it shouldn't be this tough). Kind of like sliders that in theory should have have straight forward effects on gameplay, but we need a Phd here on OS to invest hours of research and give a thesis on what sliders really do and all their side effects.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Thanks for the info Senator. Although it seems like an interesting design decision. If the slide has no effect on a run play, why is it even an option on a run play? Why not grayed out? (More of a rhetorical question). It just makes it more confusing as a player to figure out how these things work (it shouldn't be this tough). Kind of like sliders that in theory should have have straight forward effects on gameplay, but we need a Phd here on OS to invest hours of research and give a thesis on what sliders really do and all their side effects.
The only thing I can equate it to is when you're getting ready to receive a punt, all of your defensive audibles are available, the secondary ones that allow you to press or play off, the defensive line ones that allow you to spread, crash, pinch, but they don't actually do anything. Logically, you'd think if they came up in the menu, they'd have some effect on the play, but they don't. I guess it's just one of those things they overlooked.

And I'm 100% right there with you -- simple stuff like this shouldn't be treated like trade secrets. My personal opinion, there would be a lot less frustration if we had a more insight into how these little things in this game were programmed, and what they were designed for and what they can and can't do, instead of having to guess on our own.

In another part of that email, I tried to get him to elaborate on how the front 7 was programmed to react since there are no gap assignments in the game, you know, to tighten up the way I do things on defense when it comes to run plays and such, but he thought that was too much of a trade secret to reveal, so I had to go back to observation and educated guesses on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »