Home

CCM - Demanding Release/Receiving Coaching Offers

This is a discussion on CCM - Demanding Release/Receiving Coaching Offers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5
CCM - Demanding Release/Receiving Coaching Offers

When I demand a release as a coach, I seem to only be receiving ONE job offer per each offseason I release my coach, yet when I demand a release as a player I receive multiple offers. What's the deal here? It also seems that once I reject that one offer, I continue to receive that SAME offer. No new offers. This is broken logic IMO. I just won four Super Bowls in a row in my online CCM with my friends and continue to receive the exact same offer even after rejection? This has happened in multiple CCMs and multiple offseasons. I just don't understand. Do coaches normally only receive one or no offers at all? What's your experience? All replies will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: CCM - Demanding Release/Receiving Coaching Offers

This happened to me as a player, actually.
I broke several records for rushing, and receiving, and actually broke my own records, and got elected to the pro-bowl, won the superbowl, had a 14-2 season, and won several awards. I then made a save and demanded release to see what would happen, and I'm glad I made that save. After demanding release from the Falcons, I only received two offers, one from the Denver Broncos, and one from the Cleveland Browns.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

When I demanded a release for my head coach in my league's online CCM, I only received one offer from the Cowboys (which coincidentally is the team I wanted).

I think the number of offers is directly related to how many unfilled coach positions there are, how many times fired their coach after the Week 17 advance. I don't think there's logic in the game for a team releasing their coach to upgrade to a better one if they see a free agent coach; they seem to only make offers to prospective coaches if their own coach position is vacant.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
When I demanded a release for my head coach in my league's online CCM, I only received one offer from the Cowboys (which coincidentally is the team I wanted).

I think the number of offers is directly related to how many unfilled coach positions there are, how many times fired their coach after the Week 17 advance. I don't think there's logic in the game for a team releasing their coach to upgrade to a better one if they see a free agent coach; they seem to only make offers to prospective coaches if their own coach position is vacant.
Well the Patriots, Packers, 49ers, Giants, Texans, Saints, Panthers all came open after Week 17 in the wildcard round of the playoffs. I proceeded to release myself from the Bills after building them up as much as I could, hoping to get one of those teams to offer me. Then the Titans coach retired after getting knocked out in the wildcard round. The Titans along with the Texans were the only two teams I hoped wouldn't offer me. Guess who the only team to offer me was? Yep. The Titans. I just don't understand. Even though I reject their offer, it keeps coming up. Also no new offers from those other teams come up, even though they haven't yet hired a coach.

NOTE: Once I demanded a release the old Patriots coach who got fired just a week before (Mike McCarthy at the time) was hired to take my place in Buffalo.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

I wonder what happens if you accept the offer and immediately demand release (not even sure if possible, haven't tried it, just pondering)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »