Home

Madden NFL 25 Franchise?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #25
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I wish they would have simply improved Madden 12's Franchise Mode.

I hate knowing exactly which class I'll get in M13. Sure 5 players might have different draft stories but the other 200+ will be exactly the same. M12 at least randomized the classes and the names.

I hate the CPU depth chart and resigning logic (RG3 and Luck are OFTEN allowed to walk).

I hate not having FULL player editing.

I hate the slooooow and monotonous progression. I also hate that the bench players and CPU players NEVER progress like my starters.

I hate having to cheese in order to get a player to progress ("If I can get 3 TDs a game with my RB each week I can finally get him to Superstar progression!!").

I hate not being able to manage CPU teams when needed to prevent idiocy.

I traded in M13 for M12 and am much happier. If they had fixed the CPU cut day logic, added the weekly updates on the hub (Players of the week, Coaching news, etc.), added some more randomness to the draft (randomized potential each year), added a little more "jazz" to the draft (the Madden 13 draft is more fun), and tweaked logic it would have been a FAR superior product to the overhaul that was CCM.

I bet CCM still won't have full player editing, random classes, or better CPU progression/depth logic. 32 team control would be a shock too.
If you don't attempt to evolve with a game and accept changes and removal of features, you will always be stuck on 12. CCM is the future and by madden 15 we should have almost every feature that is missing plus a lot more.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 25 Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
If you don't attempt to evolve with a game and accept changes and removal of features, you will always be stuck on 12. CCM is the future and by madden 15 we should have almost every feature that is missing plus a lot more.
Those extra features dont matter to me. I preferred Madden 12's franchise. I hate CCM. I dont want to wait until 15 to get features that were in the game two years ago like 30 team franchise.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
I'm really not sold on CCM being any more than another 2 or 3 year project that ends up being removed. They seem to have too many issues with importing draft classes because of storylines now and have yet to give us any info on the problem being resolved. There's not a whole lot they can do to make CCM superior to their previous Franchise & Superstar modes, nor do I see anything that looks like CCM will provide significant enhancements those previous modes could've done to say CCM is the future. CCM has shown more limits than advancements and things like Player mode/Superstar & Coach/Franchise playing exactly the same on the same format won't help much for a long run with CCM either.

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 03-07-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #28
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
I'm really not sold on CCM being any more than another 2 or 3 year project that ends up being removed. They seem to have too many issues with importing draft classes because of storylines now and have yet to give us any info on the problem being resolved. There's not a whole lot they can do to make CCM superior to their previous Franchise & Superstar modes, nor do I see anything that looks like CCM will provide significant enhancements those previous modes could've done to say CCM is the future. CCM has shown more limits than advancements and things like Player mode/Superstar & Coach/Franchise playing exactly the same on the same format won't help much for a long run with CCM either.
I think they should scrap trying to import draft classes. I love the story lines. They just need to make em a little more dynamic.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 03-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
I think they should scrap trying to import draft classes. I love the story lines. They just need to make em a little more dynamic.
The actual storylines are irrelevant and done as soon as the draft is over really. It helps with drafting to an extent but that's about it. After that it's just a basic newsfeed feature like NBA2K has or Madden's old way of seeing NFL transactions. It's not really that great or game changing like actually having NCAA prospect imported in.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #30
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
It would have much easier and effective to perfect and add to what they had than to do such an extreme overhaul.

The XP mechanic is a mess and a mistake. I have little hope they will get the CPU to do a better job of awarding it. I also HATE that you have to earn XP before you can improve. It is not what happens in real life. Most players get better off the field and burst onto the scene (Arian Foster, Tony Romo, Colin Kaepernick). Many play well and then fall of the face of the Earth (Roy Williams, either one). XP does not simulate that at all. It leads to cheesing and cheating.

I have no hope that we'll get full player editing, 32 team control and randomized drafts either.

There is no reason they couldn't have improved the draft experience and tweaked CPU logic from Madden 12. Instead they commit to this XP CCM crap that makes the game a series of mini-games. It's a football RPG not a sim.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #31
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

Funny thing is is that most of CCM is taken from other EA games.

XP has been in the NHL series for close to a decade. Except XP is applied differently in NHL. It's appled to your staff, not individual players.

Storylines is a direct ripoff of FIFA. Except FIFA completely destroys Madden CCM in this aspect. This is why FIFA has the the best career mode of any console sports game. Honestly, it aint even close.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #32
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

OVR: 0

If they were smart they would have both just take offline coachmode out of CCM and fleash it back out to what it was in Madden 12 they would have a ton more sales if they did that alone.
Quote:
While I doubt they will be back because of the OBannon lawsuit and the fact that with draft class you really don't have to buy the next game to play with rookies, I can't see why it would be preferred to have 10 storyline on fake player over real players I don't get it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »