Home

Madden NFL 25 Franchise?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #33
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I don't like the fact that I'd be playing an NFL game with actual real college players because they haven't made it to the next level yet. If the real draft happened and the players didn't land on the teams I had drafted in the game, it would frustrate me. After year one in CCM it turns into a fantasy and I can have new real players entering my fantasy world.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #34
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 25 Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
Funny thing is is that most of CCM is taken from other EA games.

XP has been in the NHL series for close to a decade. Except XP is applied differently in NHL. It's appled to your staff, not individual players.

Storylines is a direct ripoff of FIFA. Except FIFA completely destroys Madden CCM in this aspect. This is why FIFA has the the best career mode of any console sports game. Honestly, it aint even close.
If I am not mistaken Head Coach 09 was the same way, with XP for coaching staff, not players. I read some stuff about HC09 last night and just can't understand why Looman chose to change so many things in reference to implementing ideas from that game into Madden CCM. Tiburon is such a strange place to me, on the outside looking in, they seem to take good ideas from other games but innovate them badly in Madden. You can't do something better, before learning how to do it right but that's what they seem to try to do. Whether it's borrowing an idea or tech from another game or copying some element of the NFL, they take this odd artistic approach to "make it their own" but usually just muck it up.

I don't think it matters what career mode they have in the game, Franchise, CCM or whatever because they will just muck it up trying to make it uniquely theirs.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I don't like the fact that I'd be playing an NFL game with actual real college players because they haven't made it to the next level yet. If the real draft happened and the players didn't land on the teams I had drafted in the game, it would frustrate me. After year one in CCM it turns into a fantasy and I can have new real players entering my fantasy world.
Im actually down the middle on CCM/Franchise. I don't mind that they keep CCM but they need to improve it like anything but I would like to see imported classes back and your logic on this seems a little bit off. Madden is a fantasy world. How would having a real life college player in Madden be any different than you pulling a trade for a player that is still with his current team in the NFL? Not to mention you'd never make it to the draft because you'd have to keep on restarting your CCM everytime there's a personnel transaction since there's no 32 team control to straighten it out in its current form.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #36
Just started!

OVR: 0

This CC mode is nonsense, but that isn't the point. There is more than enough space on the disc to offer a completely and totally offline franchise mode. You want your CC? Fine take it, but why does it have to come at the cost of the most beloved mode of the game for a large large group of players? I want an offline franchise mode, like in years past, with some obviously needed changes: 1.) Create-a-player during the franchise seasons. USed to be in the game, now it's not. 2.) Ability to create a player and enter them into the draft. 3.) More control over contracts for those who like to micro manage like a GM. 4.) More control with trades, with the ability to have more than 3 things in a trade window, and also 3-way trades. 5.) Ability to trade draft picks for later years. 6.) Better menu systems. Trying to read the box score or search through season states should not require both hands, an intricate use of the triggers in odd sequences... 7.) The ability to edit players in your franchise (and honestly should be able to for other CPU controlled teams also). Why does EA prevent me from converting my created CB into a safety after 6 seasons, for example? Why do they prevent me from changing his stats to make him better at catching than he was before? Why do they prevent it? You might say "Who would want to have that much control?" or "Why can't you just let the game determine your stats?"... my answer continues to be... "why do you care how *I* want to play the game? You play it how you play it, and I'll play it how I play it... Except now I can't. Because EA decided to cater exclusively to the frat-boy online competitive, bragging rights, trophy hunting crowd, and completely slapped the faces of their loyal fans who ONLY bought the game for the franchise mode for the past decade. You're sick of hearing people complain about wanting the old franchise mode back? Then voice to EA to give it back and every one of us will stop complaining.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #37
Just started!

This CC mode is nonsense, but that isn't the point. There is more than enough space on the disc to offer a completely and totally offline franchise mode. You want your CC? Fine take it, but why does it have to come at the cost of the most beloved mode of the game for a large large group of players?

I want an offline franchise mode, like in years past, with some obviously needed changes:
1.) Create-a-player during the franchise seasons. USed to be in the game, now it's not.
2.) Ability to create a player and enter them into the draft.
3.) More control over contracts for those who like to micro manage like a GM.
4.) More control with trades, with the ability to have more than 3 things in a trade window, and also 3-way trades.
5.) Ability to trade draft picks for later years.
6.) Better menu systems. Trying to read the box score or search through season states should not require both hands, an intricate use of the triggers in odd sequences...
7.) The ability to edit players in your franchise (and honestly should be able to for other CPU controlled teams also). Why does EA prevent me from converting my created CB into a safety after 6 seasons, for example? Why do they prevent me from changing his stats to make him better at catching than he was before? Why do they prevent it?

You might say "Who would want to have that much control?" or "Why can't you just let the game determine your stats?"... my answer continues to be... "why do you care how *I* want to play the game? You play it how you play it, and I'll play it how I play it... Except now I can't. Because EA decided to cater exclusively to the frat-boy online competitive, bragging rights, trophy hunting crowd, and completely slapped the faces of their loyal fans who ONLY bought the game for the franchise mode for the past decade.

You're sick of hearing people complain about wanting the old franchise mode back? Then voice to EA to give it back and every one of us will stop complaining.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeSC

You're sick of hearing people complain about wanting the old franchise mode back? Then voice to EA to give it back and every one of us will stop complaining.
Unfortunately, CCM is here to stay. They didn't put two years into it to rip it back out. I think I heard the designer state last year CCM is something that you can play with for the next 10 years.

Last edited by roadman; 03-20-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #39
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Those extra features dont matter to me. I preferred Madden 12's franchise. I hate CCM. I dont want to wait until 15 to get features that were in the game two years ago like 30 team franchise.
Not sure how I missed this post until now but it's funny how easily "CCM" could be replaced with "next-gen Madden" and just about some up the last going on 9 years. We have been waiting going on that long for next-gen Madden to get features that were in last-gen football games, including last-gen Maddens and still don't have quite a few of them. Even when there was an actual "Franchise Mode" like in M12, it was still a shell of its' former self from last gen and nowhere near as deep.

Anyway, saw this post and it immediately reminded me of the next-gen Madden era as a whole and that same type of understandable "hate" people have towards it due to it being a feature regression from were football gaming was in 2004, in many regards.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 AM   #40
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Unfortunately, CCM is here to stay. They didn't put two years into it to rip it back out. I think I heard the designer state last year CCM is something that you can play with for the next 10 years.
The poster was not saying CCM should go he is stating the Franchise mode should be added with it. There should be an offline total control mode in the game and ccm is not that. Madden 04-05 had about 5 game modes 9 years later we only have 2 if you count MUT. I think the fans are evenly divided between CCM and Franchise. Given how often features are removed so quickly no one can say with certainty what will be in the game 5 years from now much less 10.

Last edited by Cleveland Rocks; 03-22-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »