Home

Madden NFL 25 Franchise?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #49
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 25 Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I would rather have the Madden 12 franchise mode brought into CC. But fix the URFA snafu and greatly expand on the potential progression system and make it realistic. Give far more depth to the financial system. Have an owner mode that hires a scouting staff (GM, and Scouts), coaching staff (HC, OC, DC, and positions coaches). And have the scouting staff and coaching staff really mean something. Bring back 32 team control and all the other lost M12 features.

I'm with the guy that wants M12 franchise back, but greatly expanded upon. To me, boring is unrealistic, both game play and franchise. And M13's progression system is unrealistic.

You can be annoyed all you want. But I'm with them. Pull the old franchise mode into CCM (owner mode), greatly expand upon it, give this mode a true, realistic progression system, greatly add to what M12 had for an owner mode, give back all the user control (customization, editing).

And then I'm not annoyed and bored.
Same with me. Too little freedom means not much fun.

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #50
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

I wish that you were going to get your wish, but I just don't see it happening.

You may get some kind of compromise where you get 32 team control, and perhaps player editor within offline CCM, but I seriously doubt you are going to get "potential based" progression - even as an option. Again, I hope that I am wrong because I would love to see CCM have a an option to use either XP or "potential" system, I just don't see how EA would look at that at the upper levels of management and think it would be worthwhile.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #51
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Just allow more than 1 user in offline CCM, boom.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0

There's a reason why EA was in the news as America's most hated companies. They bring in trade future draft picks and call it a new feature when it was available on old generation system. That's what happens when you give a monopoly to one company. Your force to by whatever junk they put out. The quality of the games went down ever since they got the exclusibe rights.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #53
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKS240
There's a reason why EA was in the news as America's most hated companies. They bring in trade future draft picks and call it a new feature when it was available on old generation system. That's what happens when you give a monopoly to one company. Your force to by whatever junk they put out. The quality of the games went down ever since they got the exclusibe rights.
Er, Madden NFL 13 is the first Madden game to possess future draft selection trading, and the only EA Sports NFL game I can think of that allowed this otherwise was NFL Head Coach 09.

It is one of many new features introduced in Connected Careers mode and EA is not disingenuous by promoting something that is new to their own game.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKS240
Entertainment cannot be "monopolized", because you are not "forced" to buy anything. It is entirely optional and unimportant to quality of life. If it was the ONLY entertainment option available, then you might have a point. If you read the article about why EA is hated, Madden is barely mentioned, other than a throw away line about "yearly sports titles with few changes". EA is hated because they buy smaller smaller studios, suck their souls out, then release bland sequels until the IP is bone dry. EA is also making a point of using its heft to change how games are owned, played, and paid for, much to gamer's chagrins. Madden barely blips on the internet angst radar.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #55

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
Entertainment cannot be "monopolized", because you are not "forced" to buy anything. It is entirely optional and unimportant to quality of life. If it was the ONLY entertainment option available, then you might have a point. If you read the article about why EA is hated, Madden is barely mentioned, other than a throw away line about "yearly sports titles with few changes". EA is hated because they buy smaller smaller studios, suck their souls out, then release bland sequels until the IP is bone dry. EA is also making a point of using its heft to change how games are owned, played, and paid for, much to gamer's chagrins. Madden barely blips on the internet angst radar.
Finally another person that realizes Madden isn't a big deal in the big picture of video games. No league sports games are, or will be.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
Entertainment cannot be "monopolized",
You absolutely can remove like/similar competition and reduce a consumers choice to one or none for a like/similar product. You may say that's not a true monopoly, but it's functionally the same.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »