Home

Interaction With GC Gamers

This is a discussion on Interaction With GC Gamers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #33
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Interaction With GC Gamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Again, the problem is that this isn't the goal of every GCer. How can this be accomplished if the GC program is also filled with guys that enjoy playing tourney style Madden and enjoy the zig zag running, ball tethered to wr passing system, 2 man rush defense, etc. etc.?

I feel you on the play the game or don't attitude because that's want people need to do. Not only is Madden not there yet, it never will be a pure simulation with a system like this in place which is why I don't play it.
I feel you man, same perception I had before becoming a GC. I will see everyone has different opinions on playing styles, but most of us want a Sim.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #34
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Why can't you go into detail about the process? What specific goals do you have in mind when you enter EA Tiburon this year?
What I'm saying is we are not able to discuss the development process with the public, that's included in the NDA. I've said it 100 times, I'm all about SIM GAMEPLAY, that is my only goal!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #35
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
What I'm saying is we are not able to discuss the development process with the public, that's included in the NDA. I've said it 100 times, I'm all about SIM GAMEPLAY, that is my only goal!
I have seen and still look back at your Youtube videos, considering that, do you feel that you are having any substantial effect on the core of Madden?

Anybody can clearly see that Madden is an inferior representation of the NFL in comparison to other top sports sims for their respective sports. I think either you or Smitty mentioned that Tiburon has shown some things they are working on behind the scenes or something like that but I could find where LBz had the same experience a few years ago, with none of it making it into Madden up to this point.

What went through your mind when playing M13 at Tiburon and seeing the player movement? Doesn't that completely undermine or overshadow almost any other game play additions? Why are ball carriers still running up the back of teammates after going on 9 years when another game was able to patch in an arm extension animation in its' first year of existence? How many cycles does it take to get progressive injuries or a full scale challenge system? In a nutshell, what is so difficult about copying the NFL for Tiburon when other studios are able to do it with their sports? Are you or anyone else asking the Madden devs these type of questions, if so, what is their answer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
I dont think its so much about the dev process, but more of where are they getting these ideas and features from and it seems like the GC folks are giving it their stamp of approval and not questioning these decisions!

There was no way I would have stood by and let IE be put into the game without proper foot planting to complement it. It was nice to see it in the game when we firs got to play it and all, but after the usuals get a hold of it and break the programming like always.

But for one, I would like someone to sit down with the people in control of the AI, its too predictable and im tried of the rinse and repeat process of certain plays and routes working non stop no matter how many times its run. Players get tired, you dont have that 100% in you down after down after down especially when someone frequently is no huddling you all game long.

Then, I dont know how, the person in charge of animations has gotten away with the zig zag running for far too long. Do they actually think thats cool?

Has anyone actually sat down and talked "Trenches"? If so, then what came of this? Where are they headed with all this? It cant be that much of a secret for crying out loud, its football and its part of the game, a key part at that!

I mean, what I wanna hear from these GC attendees, is not the excitement they felt going there and the experience, but what did you feel about the direction and their heart towards this franchise. Do they have the passion and what it takes to get madden their?

I could over countless vids of things I would like addressed with a reason why to it. If I had to really do so and try, i really would do it or get someone to help me and I can show you better than I can tell you.

My main gripes with the game is the same as everyone elses, i just want to know what I posted above. I dont care about features as they keep getting ripped out of our hands every year because 5 people felt it wasnt right for the game.

Has anyone questioned why the need to target casuals so hard and alienate their core user in the way they have been? Im pretty sure the effort it takes to create MUT, the same could be applied to Core aspects of the game tom please the Core players of the world. Too many other games sport or non sport handle this real well!

I just dont think the round table discussions are as pure and raw as these are here, and I think its not driving the point home to the devs. Just why hasnt anyone gotten the shirt and ties to come to these things and engage in the GC process, maybe they could change their minds towards their yearly cach cow!

Oh and one more thing,

Why do the devs think that "playing football" would be more boring and un fun the way they have the game playing now? isnt the whole point of having a football game is because we love, like, or enjoy the sport as we see it played on sundays? it just doesnt make sense at all and I would like to know why is this to be honest!

Last edited by Smoke6; 02-23-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #37
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6

...Why do the devs think that "playing football" would be more boring and un fun the way they have the game playing now? isnt the whole point of having a football game is because we love, like, or enjoy the sport as we see it played on sundays? it just doesnt make sense at all and I would like to know why is this to be honest!
I could ALMOST kiss you in your mouth for posting this, lol.

No reasonable person expects GCers to force Tiburon to do anything, we just want to know that GCers are asking them why they refuse to represent NFL football but continue to assert that realism/simulation is their goal AND tell the community their responses. Madden is not touted to be NFL Blitz, NFL Arcade or anything such as that, Tiburon claims it's meant to be a simulation, so we are not wrong for wanting to know why going on 9 years later it still fails to represent so many NFL elements period and/or better.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 10

Big and smoke im glad we are all on the same page along with other guys like treyfactor and im sure countless others.

I think it would really help if the GCs told us the the questions they were asking these guys in their meeting or could possibly get together with some sim guys like us and put together a presentation on football to show how things are done irl and how they are represented in madden......we can dream right.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #39
Banned

rambis31's Arena

OVR: 0

game changers arent there to give new ideas. They are there to test the game-period. Sure EA wanted guys who liked football for a little insight here and there but you give too much praise and credit to people who arent even paid to do this. They are nothing more than a test group and that s all they were ment to be.

They dont pay them for a reason, they arent staff or employee. Just game testers for a corporation who already has in mind what it will do and how it will do it. You guys over intellectualize such a simple process.

you are having long winded debates over something that is nothing more than a toy. Why ?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambis31
game changers arent there to give new ideas. They are there to test the game-period. Sure EA wanted guys who liked football for a little insight here and there but you give too much praise and credit to people who arent even paid to do this. They are nothing more than a test group and that s all they were ment to be.

They dont pay them for a reason, they arent staff or employee. Just game testers for a corporation who already has in mind what it will do and how it will do it. You guys over intellectualize such a simple process.

you are having long winded debates over something that is nothing more than a toy. Why ?
You are on a site dedicated to nothing but talking and debating "toys"....why?

Also what you see as a toy some people see as a simulation but whatever you call it us people here love it and are passionate about it so i guess thats why but lets get back on topic.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »