Home

Interaction With GC Gamers

This is a discussion on Interaction With GC Gamers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #41
Banned

rambis31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interaction With GC Gamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
You are on a site dedicated to nothing but talking and debating "toys"....why?

Also what you see as a toy some people see as a simulation but whatever you call it us people here love it and are passionate about it so i guess thats why but lets get back on topic.
I am on topic. I am telling you the actul importance of a game changer.

Now, yes, in the information age I am amused to come here to see stuff about a game I play and see if anything useful comes up. But I realize that at the end of the day its just a football toy for free time.

Game changers are sports video game fans who got to do a thing thats cool for them. But its nothing more than that. It isnt the social political movement you make it out to be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambis31
I am on topic. I am telling you the actul importance of a game changer.

Now, yes, in the information age I am amused to come here to see stuff about a game I play and see if anything useful comes up. But I realize that at the end of the day its just a football toy for free time.

Game changers are sports video game fans who got to do a thing thats cool for them. But its nothing more than that. It isnt the social political movement you make it out to be
Strange, I recall one other person who desperately defended calling the Madden series a "toy". He was a banned around the time you joined, which I find just a bit irronic.

Ill tell you what I told you...err...him. If you feel this is just a toy then that needs to be your signature because it shows where your mindset it.

The fact of the matter is you can see it that way, but EA sells it much different. Less than 30 days ago, this is how EA described its toy predicting the Super Bowl as "incredibly accurate due to the game’s authentic gameplay, the development team’s unparalleled access to NFL resources and its prominent place in NFL culture."

So again, it should be very clear to see why viewing this game as a "toy" is a very isolated opinion.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #43
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
you are having long winded debates over something that is nothing more than a toy. Why ?
Video games are works of art by those who create them, the merits and quality of a given work of art being well worth the debate just as one might debate the merits and quality of a book, a movie, a painting, a musical composition, or what have you.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #44
Banned

rambis31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Video games are works of art by those who create them, the merits and quality of a given work of art being well worth the debate just as one might debate the merits and quality of a book, a movie, a painting, a musical composition, or what have you.

I agree with the work of art part. I play these games because its like watching NFL films except you direct the action.

the debate though is how much realism you want and youll never get it from this game and its been 20 years and you still havent figured that out yet ?

this game is for kids who want to play football..(even though they have no clue what they are doing LOL ) not for adults looking to emulate their favorite coach and his philosophy.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #45
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I agree with the work of art part. I play these games because its like watching NFL films except you direct the action.

the debate though is how much realism you want and youll never get it from this game and its been 20 years and you still havent figured that out yet ?

this game is for kids who want to play football..(even though they have no clue what they are doing LOL ) not for adults looking to emulate their favorite coach and his philosophy.
I don't see why some people seem to think it's ok for EA Tiburon and its' affiliates to keep repeating how realistic a simulation Madden is or is intended to be, yet get so sanctimonious when others repeatedly call them to task. That's what people are asking GCers to do, hold Tiburon accountable for what they claim Madden is or is intended to be by asking tough fair questions about the inferior level of realism in the game and letting the community know the responses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #46
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Madden has become a dying art. Where do you see the fingerprint passion of a Picasso in this game? The game is manufactured like a toy to just toss around now. There is nothing sacred to covet. The heads even look like bobble heads this iteration. Now '25 is supposed to be ahead of its time - I just hope it doesn't flop like NBA Elite.

*It should be considered blasphemy to consider this rushed, beta (worthy) product a piece of Art. Art involves Heart and a listening Ear. All of which seems to be wasted on the pursuit for monetary gains. That's not Art. That's Cheap.

A kid who simply scrambles his fingers across the Piano may be hailed the next Beethoven. Art is about the finer things, it comes from within and you either got it or you don't - this is not a serious product. Have they even bothered to resolve the wind direction on the kick meter flag (so it points accurately)? At least a real toy has a superior Quality Assurance protocol.

EA teaches you to comply and accept to their backwardness and backsliding. Why would lowering a fumble slider raise the fumble frequency? If it is operated this way, why not label the slider Ball Carrier Ability so that we can acknowledge that a lower value means less ability and a higher value means more ability - makes too much sense.

Back to toys, the hit stick is still a prevalent elementary little kid toy feature alongside the unscrupulous zig-zagging. I am certain this Football genre does not cater to mature adults. I try my best to see the maturity in it but I don't - I see more things that kids would be enthused by than mature adults. Especially because it requires a trained eye to be as critical as I. Kids don't have a trained eye to identify with what the sim community observers.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #47
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't see why some people seem to think it's ok for EA Tiburon and its' affiliates to keep repeating how realistic a simulation Madden is or is intended to be, yet get so sanctimonious when others repeatedly call them to task. That's what people are asking GCers to do, hold Tiburon accountable for what they claim Madden is or is intended to be by asking tough fair questions about the inferior level of realism in the game and letting the community know the responses.
BFD - It is infuriating. Its the little things that gotta be straightened out and if that can't be changed... what else matters, you know?

I support what Rambis is saying on the level of how we are approaching our business. These long whinded bouts should be deemed futile by now. The GCs got their own websites and I know others who have their own blogging that they do as well as the Youtubers.

I been playing madden since the Sega days when it was John Madden and at this era of the new consoles I feel I have grown out of the customs and the culture. Its like I no longer fit in. The way the game is tailored its suited for the young cats just as I was was young like them.

With new capabilities came new expectations and with a growing mind I became more judgmental and critical of the game. I really see a lot of the community in the same light. Men need fruits fit for men.

"Sorry silly rabbit, tricks are for kids" <<<---- this is story of my sad satire with this title.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #48
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
BFD - It is infuriating. Its the little things that gotta be straightened out and if that can't be changed... what else matters, you know?

I support what Rambis is saying on the level of how we are approaching our business. These long whinded bouts should be deemed futile by now. The GCs got their own websites and I know others who have their own blogging that they do as well as the Youtubers.

I been playing madden since the Sega days when it was John Madden and at this era of the new consoles I feel I have grown out of the customs and the culture. Its like I no longer fit in. The way the game is tailored its suited for the young cats just as I was was young like them.

With new capabilities came new expectations and with a growing mind I became more judgmental and critical of the game. I really see a lot of the community in the same light. Men need fruits fit for men.

"Sorry silly rabbit, tricks are for kids" <<<---- this is story of my sad satire with this title.
I disagree with the bold because the discussions I engage in about NFL emulation or the lack thereof in Madden is no more about me expecting to convince Tiburon to fix the game than a funeral is about trying to expect to resurrect the dead. These discussions for me are about venting and expressing my POV about the only current NFL game allowed, which is the only way I can get any level of engagement with the NFL gaming community since I don't enjoy playing the actual game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »