Home

Interaction With GC Gamers

This is a discussion on Interaction With GC Gamers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #65
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Interaction With GC Gamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
JP, this isn't news though people have been saying this for years, it's a know fact. Peter Moore when he was running sports cared more about metacritic ratings than reviews of sites like OS and TSO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
You think the metacritic score still isn't their main goal?

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #66

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Interaction With GC Gamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
You think the metacritic score still isn't their main goal?
I'm pretty sure he's saying that we've known this for awhile and the fact that a GC said it recently doesn't add anything that we haven't been saying here for years.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #67
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
A recent tweet by Shopmaster said "Ya'll don't understand the suits control what we get, not the devs." Well if that is true then we all need to start petitioning for a new company to make Madden football games because if they control what we get, we will NEVER have a sim football game and that really sucks if the devs are really trying to put out a sim game but the suits are holding them back.

IF that truly is the case I'd love to see all the devs striving for a sim game(Victor Lugo, Mike Young, Clint Oldenburg, Cam Weber, Patrick Bellanca, Matt Bialosuknia, Chase Becotte, etc...) just walk out of EA one day and say screw it and leave before the game is even finished.
Want to make a couple points;

1. The reasoning behind why things like player movement in the game are FUBAR is irrelevant to GCers not publicly expressing their displeasure about it like they do their pleasure about other things.

2. Even though the "suits" undoubtedly have some role in the general direction and target market for Madden, that in no way explains why the things that get "approved" from on high to add to the game, are implemented poorly. I don't think the "suits" are forbidding devs/programers from adding an arm extension animation so ball carriers don't run up the back of blockers, preventing DPI slider from working, threatening pink slips if custom game play camera options or a locomotion slider is added, offering bonuses for synchronized player animations, promoting people for........you get the point.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #68
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Want to make a couple points;

1. The reasoning behind why things like player movement in the game are FUBAR is irrelevant to GCers not publicly expressing their displeasure about it like they do their pleasure about other things.

2. Even though the "suits" undoubtedly have some role in the general direction and target market for Madden, that in no way explains why the things that get "approved" from on high to add to the game, are implemented poorly. I don't think the "suits" are forbidding devs/programers from adding an arm extension animation so ball carriers don't run up the back of blockers, preventing DPI slider from working, threatening pink slips if custom game play camera options or a locomotion slider is added, offering bonuses for synchronized player animations, promoting people for........you get the point.
I still haven't played 13 much at all, just sitting collecting dust.

I think your generalizing and puttting every CGer under the same light. Just because they don't publically display their feelings about player movement, doesn't mean they don't bring it up behind closed doors. ie what we are not privy to. Nobody here has any idea how Rgiles, TSS or any other GCer expresses themselves to the developers. Based on what Simfball told us, most of the GCers want sim football. The CGer's can tell the developers till their blue in the face about player movement, but if it's not planned for that year, it won't be put in the game. Just because a few were over-dramatic last year doesn't mean they all are.

For example, developers have a plan for player development to be implemented. They swim it upstream to the suits and marketing, yes, I'm bringing up marketing again. Suits ask how much will it cost, developers say xxx amount of dollars. Suits say, that will put us over budget, it's not going in, maybe next year.

And the process starts all over again.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #69
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I think your generalizing and puttting every CGer under the same light. Just because they don't publically display their feelings about player movement, doesn't mean they don't bring it up behind closed doors. ie what we are not privy to. Nobody here has any idea how Rgiles, TSS or any other GCer expresses themselves to the developers. Based on what Simfball told us, most of the GCers want sim football. The CGer's can tell the developers till their blue in the face about player movement, but if it's not planned for that year, it won't be put in the game. Just because a few were over-dramatic last year doesn't mean they all are.

For example, developers have a plan for player development to be implemented. They swim it upstream to the suits and marketing, yes, I'm bringing up marketing again. Suits ask how much will it cost, developers say xxx amount of dollars. Suits say, that will put us over budget, it's not going in, maybe next year.

Road I have utmost respect for you sir, that said, I don't get what this reply has to do with my post. I already went into detail in an earlier post about personally wanting to see that same raw emotion expressed on Twitter for excitement, expressed just as publicly and unfiltered for criticism. I didn't suggest any GCers can fix the game or that they don't rip into the devs behind closed doors, the generalization I was making is in reference to all GCers seeming to keep their critiques of the game measured in public.

With regard to the suits, do you disagree with my assessment that they are NOT the cause for issues of the ilk I listed?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Actually that's not entirely true. Last week Smiity showed 10 or 15 "private videos" on his channel that were designated for EA privately.

Now to me that leaves alot of interesting questions. What could be shown or said using M13 where EA would ask it not to be shown to the public. I think a majority of us know major issues with the game by heart.

Secondly, I approached EA about that exact idea, private videos for game improvement about 8 months ago and it was not responded too by one Dev. The other told me something to the effect of it was strange I had a PO box and requested an address to sent the information too.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #71
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Road I have utmost respect for you sir, that said, I don't get what this reply has to do with my post. I already went into detail in an earlier post about personally wanting to see that same raw emotion expressed on Twitter for excitement, expressed just as publicly and unfiltered for criticism. I didn't suggest any GCers can fix the game or that they don't rip into the devs behind closed doors, the generalization I was making is in reference to all GCers seeming to keep their critiques of the game measured in public.

With regard to the suits, do you disagree with my assessment that they are NOT the cause for issues of the ilk I listed?
Alright, I'll address this way, then.

I'll never forget when the first batch of CDers from OS returned from Madden 10 and gave some good reports. Of course, the same thing that is happening today, happened then. Wined, dined and everything is fine.

I think TheWatcher put it best, Big. He said of all the criticism, where I come from, if someone invites me over to their house and is nice to me, I try to be nice in return. and don't speak ill of people that invited me over. It's just the way I was brought up. I don't feel you will get what you are looking for. I just don't see anyone blantely criticizing the game before the game comes out. It happend once with Phobia for EA's boxing game, and EA called him and told him to not do it anymore.

On that note Big, all you can hope for is that a lessened was learned and the responses will be much more measured this year. My whole point was that not all GCers were leaping for joy and performing sommersaults. In fact Rgiles was very quiet and measured and he wasn't the only one.

As far as the suits, I think one can find enough cause with them, along with marketing, developers and programmers to share the blame equally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 16

Just like everything in life, the disdain for a few puts everyone in that group in a bad light. A few can mess it up for everyone. The ones who cheer the loudest are the ones who'll be remembered and who we label the group by. Fair or unfair, that's how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »