Home

Finding really low attributes on rookies?

This is a discussion on Finding really low attributes on rookies? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finding really low attributes on rookies?

Has anyone else gotten this problem? Ill be looking for a dual threat QB, for example. I can find his speed to be rated high 80s, acceleration Low/high B but then his agility is an F? I don't get this. Jason merian, for example, has like 94 speed but 69 agility. This is extremely odd and i realize xp points are here for a reason. But starting off that low is unrealistic. The same goes for WRs. I see a stud such as calvin white, 6'5 95 speed but 73 agility? That's really unrealistic aswell. I've seen runningbacks have 95 speed 75+ strength, but like 80 agility and 75 acceleration. Is this happening to anyone else? Its very unrealistic, it almost negates an awesome attribute by a horrible counter part. No mobile QB in the NFL has horrible agility/acceleration. It doesnt make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Finding really low attributes on rookies?

I drafted RGIII to my team, he had an unusually low OVR of 78, I looked through his stats and they were fairly high, but his awareness was bombed all the way down at twenty, so that might be why he is rated so low, because his speed, acceleration, etc.. was high.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

So your saying just because a player is fast its unrealistic if he doesnt have good agility? There are lots of HBs in the NFL (especially in todays game) that are faster then Berry Sanders but you dont see them with the same agility as he had. Theres also players with better agility then speed, such as Lesean Mccoy. Is it unrealistic that Lesean McCoy has like 99 agility and elusiveness and not 99 speed? No. The same is true for the other way around.

tl;dr Speed=/=Agility
Its not a problem, its just realism.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
So your saying just because a player is fast its unrealistic if he doesnt have good agility? There are lots of HBs in the NFL (especially in todays game) that are faster then Berry Sanders but you dont see them with the same agility as he had. Theres also players with better agility then speed, such as Lesean Mccoy. Is it unrealistic that Lesean McCoy has like 99 agility and elusiveness and not 99 speed? No. The same is true for the other way around.

tl;dr Speed=/=Agility
Its not a problem, its just realism.
What? You totally missed my point man. And im not sure what you mean d8. Awareness thats low is common for a rookie..

What i'm trying to say is, many rookies you scout have unusually low agility vs there speed. Im not sure how to explain my OP. QBs have high speed but rated 60 agility. Have you seen a QB in real life who can run but has the agility of an OT? If so, who? It's completely unrealistic. Wide receivers that are tall have 90 speed, but 73 agility and like 80 acceleration. Again, have you seen a wide receiver in real life whom this draftee would correspond with? If so, who?
The HB comparision had absolutely nothing with what i was addressing. In fact it kind of proves what i was saying. Real players who are fast SOMEWHAT high agility and acceleration. Why do rookies you scout only have 1 of these 3 attributes high, and the other 2 unusually low?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 AM   #5
Rookie

I COMPLETELY agree with you on this. I was looking for a quarterback who was at least somewhat mobile when I scouted a player who had B speed, D agility, and F acceleration. That's crazy. Plus, the running attributes for a qb are way too expensive to try to improve them. From my experiences, this situation happens a lot and makes it tough to find a dual threat quaterback from the draft classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #6
Banned

Maelstrom's Arena

OVR: 7

I have found two, true dual-threat QBs.

Tysean Madison & Denny Thompson.

Madison is the better of the two, IMO.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I have found two, true dual-threat QBs.

Tysean Madison & Denny Thompson.

Madison is the better of the two, IMO.
Add Blane Giles to that list as well.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijourno18
QBs have high speed but rated 60 agility. Have you seen a QB in real life who can run but has the agility of an OT? If so, who? It's completely unrealistic. Wide receivers that are tall have 90 speed, but 73 agility and like 80 acceleration. Again, have you seen a wide receiver in real life whom this draftee would correspond with? If so, who?
The HB comparision had absolutely nothing with what i was addressing. In fact it kind of proves what i was saying. Real players who are fast SOMEWHAT high agility and acceleration. Why do rookies you scout only have 1 of these 3 attributes high, and the other 2 unusually low?
Josh Johnson QB (Tampa Bay) ran a 4.53 at the 2008 combine and a 7.56 3-cone. Last year 6 offensive lineman ran a faster time than 7.56 at the 3-cone. I believe the L-cone drill is the best meter for agility. There are tons of players who are fast but do not accelerate greatly or change direction quickly and other way around.

There is a relationship between maximum speed (SPD), acceleration (ACC) and agility (AGI). But it is no where near as high as it is with basic Donny Moore rated Madden players. Even though Madden generated rookies are fictional, they are in fact closer to true athletes than the stock players are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »