Home

How Does the PS4 Impact Future Madden Titles?

This is a discussion on How Does the PS4 Impact Future Madden Titles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #49
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How Does the PS4 Impact Future Madden Titles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephyW
Surprised nobody's mentioned the impact that screen sharing over a network is going to have on multi-user CCMs. Finally, teams will be able to watch other user match-ups for scouting purposes or just plain excitement. My entire Xbox-based CCM crew is ready jump ship for the PS4 if Microsoft doesn't implement something like this in its next-gen system.
I guess I completely missed or misunderstood this type of tech being added. Can you elaborate more on it?

EDIT- Nevermind I did a simple Google search and Wow, I can't believe I missed this.

Perry said PS4 will let other players look over your shoulder virtually as you're playing and, if you allow them to, post comments directly to your screen. Friends will even be able to take over your controller virtually and help you complete a section you can't beat yourself. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-release-date/

Well my enthusiasm for the new consoles just increased exponentially because I have wanted a "spectator Mode" in console gaming for quite sometime.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 03-05-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I guess I completely missed or misunderstood this type of tech being added. Can you elaborate more on it?

EDIT- Nevermind I did a simple Google search and Wow, I can't believe I missed this.

Perry said PS4 will let other players look over your shoulder virtually as you're playing and, if you allow them to, post comments directly to your screen. Friends will even be able to take over your controller virtually and help you complete a section you can't beat yourself. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-release-date/

Well my enthusiasm for the new consoles just increased exponentially because I have wanted a "spectator Mode" in console gaming for quite sometime.
Yea big, that was the biggest news of that event imo, outside of taking games over for other people at the press of a button to help the thru a sticky situation.

But like i said in another thread, I dont want the game to have predicable AI, for we will be going thru the crap online all over again!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #51
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

PS4's support of PhysX should do wonders for MLB The Show,Madden,Fifa,NHL, & other environmental sports titles

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0

When I think of Madden 25 on next generation, the only thing it makes me think of, is all the people that kept saying next year will be better. The new team will get it done. Because the sad truth is at this point is current generation Madden is done. I feel like we had many many years of wanting and hoping for more....

I think moving on to next gen, EA needs to deliver. I think another attempt like Madden 06(360) will not do well for their future. I hope they pay attention to the little things next gen, and don't assume this or that is just good enough.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #53
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

IMO, anything EA says about Madden on PS4 is just hype. Just like they showed us that video (Eagles vs. Giants) back in 04 or 05 and got everyone excited about the possibilities of the PS3 and 360...and where are we 8 years later.

So how does PS4 impact Madden? Well, we know it won't automatically make gameplay better. It won't automatically make presentation better. It won't automatically make the features and options better. It won't automatically make the game more immersive. It won't automatically make the game animate better. So it won't automatically make the game better...that's up to the development team. And the question is, as it has been for a decade now, "Do this studio really have the talent/desire/suit-approved directive/or whatever to match the other AAA sports offerings?" Yes, they have the AAA license, and they have America's Favorite Sport. And that is alot. And with that, they hold all the cards and they will mold the future of National Football League gaming...not the possibilities of the next gen hardware.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 03-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
PS4's support of PhysX should do wonders for MLB The Show,Madden,Fifa,NHL, & other environmental sports titles
Definitely. PhysX is useful (and actually quite easy to program for, I made a simple pinball game using it and OpenGL at college lol)
Old 03-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

The architecture for the ps3 and 360 hurt a lot of the gaming developers and games. The time and cost it took to develop games went up, so you saw a lot of companies shutting down and a lot series dropped. This is very true for the sports genre. Look at all the titles offered on the previous generation consoles compared to now. Games needed to sell more than they did on the ps2/xbox for developers to consider keeping franchises or even trying to start a new one.

Franchises being killed was not the only issue, the devs for big game sellers also have a question to ask themselves, Is it worth spending all the time and energy to fix or overall an engine when the games sales are similar every year? Another problem, if the fans stop supporting a franchise, will the company make the change or will they just end the franchise?

Of course no competition hurts as well, when for example there is only nfl or ncaa game available, there is not an outside force pushing you to make your game better, you might not be pushing the envelope. Also, with only one game available, people just want to play football, so they may buy the game no matter the quality of the product. Yes I know some of the competition issues arose from the exclusive deals, but a lot of competition loss had to do with costs as mentioned above.

With the PS4 (and it looks like the NextBox as well) being x86-x64 architecture, Im hoping the cost for developing games to drop dramatically. Since this architecture is closer to PC, it should be more familiar this time around, hopefully leading to more chances taken by developers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #56
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I gotta say... I've been following the SimCity disaster. And, I don't know if I could trust EA to make ANY sort of game without any issues, silly microtransactions, or any DRM crap...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »