Home

NFLPA Explains Position on Exclusive Deal (Per PastaPadre)

This is a discussion on NFLPA Explains Position on Exclusive Deal (Per PastaPadre) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NFLPA Explains Position on Exclusive Deal (Per PastaPadre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I assume the players' union get a nice chunk of change from the deal as well, seeing as the players likeness is used exclusively as well.
Yeah, according to the new CBA the league is operating under, players receive 45% of all NFL Venture revenues. I could be wrong, but take 45% of the total cost of the exclusive license, which since we don't know the exact number we'll just say 300 million dollars (since the deal was initially reported to be in that range) and go from there with what they stand to make over the life of the deal. Break down what the 300 million turned out to be over six years (the original length of the agreement.)
Old 03-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Personally I don't see EA letting go of that Exclusive deal.. Why, because the moment they do they know that will be the end of Madden..
Old 03-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

This wouldn't even be as big of problem if Tiburon just made us forget other football games existed before the deal. That seems to be the biggest problem of this whole deal imo. If they just made an amazing football game I know I personally wouldn't miss the rival games as much. I tell you one thing, I haven't missed NBA Live, and there's no exclusive deal over there. Nice to have options, but if the options suck, are they really options?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
This wouldn't even be as big of problem if Tiburon just made us forget other football games existed before the deal. That seems to be the biggest problem of this whole deal imo. If they just made an amazing football game I know I personally wouldn't miss the rival games as much. I tell you one thing, I haven't missed NBA Live, and there's no exclusive deal over there. Nice to have options, but if the options suck, are they really options?
Absolutely. I honestly can't think of the last time Madden was a legitimate contender for a Sports Game of the Year award. If they were putting out the kind of quality product that NBA 2K, FIFA, The Show and the NHL series were putting out not having 2K wouldn't piss me off half as much as it currently does every year around July-August. It's 2013, they signed that damn deal in 2004 and it took til Madden 12 - 13 depending who you ask to even kinda, maybe when you squint your eye come close to what was done in 2004-05.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #13
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm not the smartest apple but why not end the exclusive deal and allow other companies pay what EA does... Even if you bring it down a bit I'm sure 2-3 companies paying for the rights will keep you at the current pace or making more.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

"...The other scenario might be EA deciding to gamble and let the deal expire leaving the NFL in a position where they would have to open up the license and consider making smaller deals with them and potentially other companies. At this point EA may feel that the brand would be unthreatened by competitors after having secured the marketplace for themselves since 2005. They also have the benefit of the incremental development advances that have come over that time while others have been forced to sit things out – leaving them to build essentially from scratch – as the transition to the new generation of consoles approaches."

Pasta Padre is an effing plagiarist, I posted my thread over a year ago, lol. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-license.html

I demand a retraction or at the very least I be given credit in this piece. I still say the exclusive is ending per the quoted rationale, that again, was first posted by me.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I'm not the smartest apple but why not end the exclusive deal and allow other companies pay what EA does... Even if you bring it down a bit I'm sure 2-3 companies paying for the rights will keep you at the current pace or making more.
Sounds good from a gamers viewpoint, but the NFL would need to change their business practice of exclusitivity all across the board.

It's almost similar telling GM and Ford to change their business practices from what they are doing now. (yes, yes, I know someone will say but they aren't exclusive businesses, just used Ford and GM out of the thin air)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
Personally I don't see EA letting go of that Exclusive deal.. Why, because the moment they do they know that will be the end of Madden..
Yep, EA will blink first.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »