Home

Spectator Mode Will Be Built Into G4 Consoles, Thoughts?

This is a discussion on Spectator Mode Will Be Built Into G4 Consoles, Thoughts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Spectator Mode Will Be Built Into G4 Consoles, Thoughts?

my whole league pro know my what play books i use and know my plays i call even they beat me by watching it on twitch.tv while playing me they deserve win i still feel even they watch it during our game they not goign beat me cause of watching it i been doing this for awhile

NFL all coaches and player study film to scout oppents what they like to do only different they going have it right away in my oppent i rather my game be tougher for me since if its harder to win im goign only get better

even if they know the play u got audibles hot routes so u can trick them unless they know ur hotroute too unless u show them ur hot routes

be each person have there own opioion hopefully next madden be more sim style of football game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #26
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxsacrificex
my whole league pro know my what play books i use and know my plays i call even they beat me by watching it on twitch.tv while playing me they deserve win i still feel even they watch it during our game they not goign beat me cause of watching it i been doing this for awhile

NFL all coaches and player study film to scout oppents what they like to do only different they going have it right away in my oppent i rather my game be tougher for me since if its harder to win im goign only get better

even if they know the play u got audibles hot routes so u can trick them unless they know ur hotroute too unless u show them ur hot routes

be each person have there own opioion hopefully next madden be more sim style of football game
I don't have a problem with Madden showing a player's playcall tendencies. Hell, you could even make it a part of the gameplay. Say you are on defense with a veteran ballhawk like Ed Reed playing safety. If the game says in the backend "on 65% of 3rd downs over 8 yards, this player throws to Brandon Marshall" then you can have a little circle appear under his icon to represent that - and you can choose to key on him as a result.

But what I don't want is the ability to see what specific plays I'm calling in real time. I mean, even knowing "pass" or "run" conveys a significant advantage to the defense.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #27
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I don't have a problem with Madden showing a player's playcall tendencies. Hell, you could even make it a part of the gameplay. Say you are on defense with a veteran ballhawk like Ed Reed playing safety. If the game says in the backend "on 65% of 3rd downs over 8 yards, this player throws to Brandon Marshall" then you can have a little circle appear under his icon to represent that - and you can choose to key on him as a result.

But what I don't want is the ability to see what specific plays I'm calling in real time. I mean, even knowing "pass" or "run" conveys a significant advantage to the defense.
Not being funny but do you know what "bluff mode" is? If not, it's an ability built into the playcalling in Madden which allows each player to choose a play but continue to scroll through plays as if the haven't, by holding down whatever button they chose the play with. Once the button is released then the playcalling screen for that player closes but not before.

Using this ability, even people looking directly at another player's playcall screen, wouldn't be able to tell what play they have actually chosen. So seeing a gamers playcall screen does not equate to knowing their playcall if bluff mode is used.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #28
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Not being funny but do you know what "bluff mode" is? If not, it's an ability built into the playcalling in Madden which allows each player to choose a play but continue to scroll through plays as if the haven't, by holding down whatever button they chose the play with. Once the button is released then the playcalling screen for that player closes but not before.

Using this ability, even people looking directly at another player's playcall screen, wouldn't be able to tell what play they have actually chosen. So seeing a gamers playcall screen does not equate to knowing their playcall if bluff mode is used.
Even knowing the exact formation is a problem. This new feature might be cool for some, but it is by no means a replacement for a built in spectator function in Madden.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #29
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Even knowing the exact formation is a problem. This new feature might be cool for some, but it is by no means a replacement for a built in spectator function in Madden.
The offense's formation is shown to the defense in the play call screen after picking an offensive play regardless, so I don't see how knowing the formation but not the specific play is a problem. If you are referring to knowing the defense's formation, the simple fix is to wait until the offense has picked their play first, which makes the most sense anyway, imo. Not to mention this is all predicated on your opponent watching your "broadcast" while playing against you, which seems completely unnecessary considering it wouldn't accomplish much, as I just explained.

I agree that an actual spectator mode from a broadcast POV without any playcall screen, like when watching a CPU v CPU game, would be better but until then I think this is a good addition.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #30
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

I was wondering what kind of view there going give us?I would be bummed out just to see the generic camera angle.I think we need to have a view from both respected teams sidelines.A in stnads view and hopefully skybox.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #31
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ninja
This will surely help online sim leagues in monitoring league rule violators. Hopefully it won't cause horrible lags for live streaming.
i fully agree, its been needed for madden for some time now. too many peps wanna try to take advantage of all these lame "money plays" peps find to screw with the AI of the game to have cheap plays , and abuse them to win . without a commish or admin being able to actually see it, its hard to do alot about it. not many can afford or are willing to put out the 120-150$ to buy the systems to record and show good quality pictures while gaming. this will be a huge thing for the many many online sim leagues. will be able to put a stop to all the cheese heads who cant win otherwise.which in the long run will be a huge help for so many leagues out there to have hard evidence of the cheesers and get rid of em quickly. Not to mention the fact that just the ability to be seen at anytime, will in some ways ,i think, even stop some from even trying to cheese, knowing they could be watched at any moment. i just hope it wont , pop up on the screen for both players to know someone is watching them. cause a person could just see that, stop the cheese wait for u to leave , and start back up. so , i really hope it dont notify the two parties in the game that someone is watching .we can only hope!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #32
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The offense's formation is shown to the defense in the play call screen after picking an offensive play regardless, so I don't see how knowing the formation but not the specific play is a problem. If you are referring to knowing the defense's formation, the simple fix is to wait until the offense has picked their play first, which makes the most sense anyway, imo. Not to mention this is all predicated on your opponent watching your "broadcast" while playing against you, which seems completely unnecessary considering it wouldn't accomplish much, as I just explained.

I agree that an actual spectator mode from a broadcast POV without any playcall screen, like when watching a CPU v CPU game, would be better but until then I think this is a good addition.
No it isn't, they just show the personnel package. More then once I've seen the "2WR, 1 TE, 2RB" pop up, but then when I come to the line they are spread out with those "running backs" lined up as wideouts. Which is how it should be, really. If you see Aaron Hernandez or Reggie Bush come into the huddle, you have no idea where they are going to line up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »