Home

Schemes and player OVR make no sense.

This is a discussion on Schemes and player OVR make no sense. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Schemes and player OVR make no sense.

Schemes seem to make average players looking better than they are, while elite players never as good as they are i have yet to see a 99 rated player. Yet have seen any average players get boosted up better than they are. It is making the CPU make horrible roster decisions.

Things that dont make sense in my CCM year 2016

1. No matter what scheme no QB is above a 95 in the game. I upgraded Dalton to 97 Thp, ACC of 95 98 99, 99 awareness. and in the game hes 99 but in the rosters and depth chart hes 95.

2. Haloti Gnata is burried in the depth chart behind average players(not even fast) in junior Gallete and Daryl tapp. They switched to a 4-3 but still literally the ONLY attribute gallete beats Gnata in is ACC. a 99 rated player like Gnata should play in any scheme.

3.In Tennesee Chris Johnson is behind Cedric Benson and Isaac Redmond.

4.Darelle revis is shown as a 96 in the roster even tho hes a 99 in the in game screen.

5. Set in Speed reciever scheme, harry douglas is rated higher than Julio jones. Julio is alot better in literally every WR category except douglas has 5 ACC on jones.

6. Many DEs in speed rusher trait go from low 70's to mid 80.

I could go on forever.

I understand what they are trying to do, and it is a good idea to a point. But there is no way a player should take a 10+ point swing in any direction.

It doesnt bother me as much for my players because i dont pay much attention to the overalls i look for certain traits. However, what makes me just shake my head is when the CPU makes bone head decisions like above. It would be cool if they took it out or toned it down next year. its getting ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I think the opposite. Look at OchoCinco and the Patriots a year ago. Ocho himself is considered a hall of fame type wide receiver and his personal rating, or OVR, should be high 80s. But here comes the Patriots offensive scheme in which he doesn't belong in. I could see him listed lower even in the low 70s for the Patriots for the time he was there.

I've seen the CPU arrange their depth charts by actual OVR instead of scheme OVR, which is pretty confusing to some.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 03-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Schemes and player OVR make no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
...Ocho himself is considered a hall of fame type wide receiver...

Oh I get it... It's typo...

Ocho considers himself a hof type receiver...

Makes much more sense now.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

Haha, good call.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am completely in agreement that the idea is great but I'm not sure it has been implemented correctly or if it has then it definitely hasn't been executed correctly. Based on what you said, it seems that every player is labeled as a system player. While this may be true for many players, the only thing that makes them a "system" player is the deficiencies in their game that is not being magnified or, if you prefer, the system playing to the player's strengths. This of course should increase the overall value of the player to that specific system. i.e. an option offense won't really care as much as another offense would if the QB wasn't the most accurate thrower. As long as he's an athlete, they're good.

However, there needs to be a point where players can transcend this via development/growth. When I say that, I mean that the player has no glaring weakness in his game and is truly considered elite. Elite players can excel in any system because they lack any huge weaknesses which I believe the format in Madden does not currently have. I think it labels players as a specific product of a specific system and their overall will be detracted due to this label no matter how good their ratings are. I believe it would be more effective if ratings organically determine the overall value of a player to a system and if a player grows and becomes an "elite" player, then he would be valuable to anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I mean i guess it all kind of makes sense IRL the would just move haloti to DT like Seymour did from the Pats to the Raiders. But this obviously can't be implemented in the game. Also Mcfadden went from a superstar (while healthy) in the power run game to a innefective running back in the zone scheme they run now.(i dont watch the raiders just an article i read). But who knows maybe haloti and CJ2k will be on the block later and get traded to the right team and everything will be ok.

Chad Johnson is just a a bum tho theres a reason hes not on any team haha.

If they allowed us to change positions (OLB->DE etc.) it would solve alot of the issue.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #7
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

I agree with the position changes. I want McCourty to be listed as a SS so it doesn't look like I'm carrying too many CBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »