Home

Identifying The Mike

This is a discussion on Identifying The Mike within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #25
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Identifying The Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
One, offer a more field level type game play view, ie Back Breaker, which would allow there to be an actual visual game play difference to the User's POV, for each player based on BCV.
Vision is less about what the RB is actually seeing and more about his interpretation & anticipation. A RB with good "vision" sees the defensive front, knows the blocking scheme, then reads, influences & anticipates. A RB with poor vision may or may not take note of the defensive front, may not quite understand how his linemen are going to block it, thus reads the play slower and is not able to anticipate. He may also not be as effective setting blocks up. When he misses a hole, it's not always because he literally didn't see it. It's because he didn't anticipate it and/or help create it. A camera view can't duplicate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Two, let BCV be a ratings modifier for ball carriers in the backfield, so if there are two RBs with almost identical ratings except for BCV, they would manually control differently, in the backfield, due to BCV modifying their ratings and the type of running animations they trigger.
I think this is where it has to be, though I would hate for them to take away animations from an otherwise quick, elusive RB.

Maybe slow the response time a bit. The problem with that is it assumes the user is on time & has good vision. When the user is late, it's a double penalty on the RB.

I think accounting for RB vision is tougher than QB vision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #26

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
If that's the case, then let them take it back to Gamestop and be done with the game. Then EA Sports can truly focus on making a game for people who want the game to play like its supposed to and we wouldn't have games like Madden 2001 - Madden 2013
And there go most of Maddens sales.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Vision is less about what the RB is actually seeing and more about his interpretation & anticipation. A RB with good "vision" sees the defensive front, knows the blocking scheme, then reads, influences & anticipates. A RB with poor vision may or may not take note of the defensive front, may not quite understand how his linemen are going to block it, thus reads the play slower and is not able to anticipate. He may also not be as effective setting blocks up. When he misses a hole, it's not always because he literally didn't see it. It's because he didn't anticipate it and/or help create it. A camera view can't duplicate this.
Doesn't Madden do this already in a sense by making blockers "block more timely" when the ball carrier has high BCV?

It seems to be the game's way of emulating this ability to read and anticipate.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #28
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

I think this is where it has to be, though I would hate for them to take away animations from an otherwise quick, elusive RB.

Maybe slow the response time a bit. The problem with that is it assumes the user is on time & has good vision. When the user is late, it's a double penalty on the RB.

I think accounting for RB vision is tougher than QB vision.
These are good points and the game play view was a suggestion to put the limitations on the User, not the in-game ball carrier. So limiting the Users actual view on the screen would alter their interpretation & anticipation on the stick, which would effect how they perform with the in-game runner.

Giving this more thought, having BCV be a User applicable rating outside a game play view change is premature because there are so many other parameters lacking. I don't know if that other football game even had a BCV rating, never thought about it because the other parameters didn't allow Users to successfully ad lib on run plays, like Madden does. So it's cool for BCV to just be an AI based rating IF the other applicable parameters for running the ball on a particular play, like line play, penalties, other ratings/animations, etc, are done well.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #29
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

No way

You'll have to deal with idiots running around with the MLB messing everything up

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 03-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #30
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
No way

You'll have to deal with idiots running around with the MLB messing everything up
Well a truly well designed physics engine would punish the goofball running circles behind the Dline before every snap by costing him all his leverage and making him easy to fake.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

I Like it , been sgguesting it for a while.

Scales well between pro and all madden.

Improves the cat and mouse gameplay which madden needs more of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would like some kind of feature to not only identify the mike or a blitzer or something, but identify the elite players. Maybe it's my TV, but sometimes I have to work to find the elite players on the defense and find a way to handle them. It would just be nice if, say DeMarcus Ware was highlighted so I could specifically double-team him or run the ball in the opposite direction or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »