Home

CCM is kinda justified

This is a discussion on CCM is kinda justified within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
CCM is kinda justified

now that FA has started.
Its still not 100% in everything like RG3 & Luck becoming free agents within a few years but imagine,
if in your CCM you seen Wes Welker get released and sign with the Broncos for about 6mill a season you would most likely call BS.
If you saw Danny Amendola command more money in NE than Welker, you would REALLY call BS.
Guess what, both those things happened IRL

CCM isnt so crazy after all.

Last edited by LaW97; 03-14-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: CCM is kinda justified

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
now that FA has started.
Its still not 100% in everything like RG3 & Luck becoming free agents within a few years but imagine,
if in your CCM you seen Wes Welker get released and sign with the Broncos for about 6mill a season you would most likely call BS.
If you saw Danny Amendola command more money in NE than Welker, you would REALLY call BS.

I actually don't find it BS. I think both players got appropriate value all factors considered.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
I actually don't find it BS. I think both players got appropriate value all factors considered.
I know. We can put the factors together and understand why that happened but I'm sayin if that were to happen in CCM I think most would find it strange
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
They both got about 6 mil a year.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Welker wasn't released he was an UFA.

But you also have to consider irl teams philosophy behind the signings. Being a Patriots fan I know that NE doesn't really overpay for any player they feel can be replaced by value. But since Madden is a game we don't really find that kind of thinking through the AI's actions we just see it as a dumb glitch that EA never paid attention to, even though that example for how we view the AI's decision is sort of the same way I think about when I see some of these irl releases and rejected decisions to resign players once considered a key piece.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
now that FA has started.

I understand the sentiment OP but you are looking at this wrong. Like others have stated, just because CCM achieves similar or even identical results to real life that doesn't justify what happens because there is no process included. For all the issues next-gen Madden has and there are many, a key underlining one is the lack of rhyme or reason to what happens. CCM is supposed to be its' own virtual NFL world and gamers couldn't care less if it didn't mirror real NFL results, it's having the real NFL processes represented in-game that make the results realistic.

If I had a CCM where RG3, Luck and Joe Flacco all ended up in FA, that could be dynamic and immersive IF there was a plausible process behind "why?".
Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

A broken clock is right twice a day......

Just sayin...
Old 03-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

In Madden, Welker would have gotten a longer contract for too much money. Teams would ignore his age and not use him as a slot receiver. Meanwhile, the Madden version of the Patriots would either not replace Welker at all or bring in someone with a totally different skill set.

The AI for putting a team together is really basic and unpolished. Teams give long, big money deals to declining players. They don't release backups making starter money. They don't cut players they should, such as aging stars in the last year or two of a long, pricey deal. Teams that need a new starter may sign three. Young players with low salaries and multi-year deals are cut to make room for veterans with similar salaries but slightly higher OVR. Teams trade up in the first round to grab players who won't start.

The AI sometimes makes reasonable football decisions, and the real world makes us scratch our heads pretty often. Those surprises in real life don't justify the bad decisions we see from Madden AI so often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »