Home

Madden to Feature Uniform Fashion Critic in its Fake Twitter Feed

This is a discussion on Madden to Feature Uniform Fashion Critic in its Fake Twitter Feed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden to Feature Uniform Fashion Critic in its Fake Twitter Feed

How much value does anyone really find in the Twitter?

They are canned responses. Quite often repeated over time, even multiple times in the same draft.

They aren't real responses to the game events, at all. Just generic auto replies when certain parameters are met...and because they aren't real, they sometimes don't make sense.

The feature really only provides "real time updates" to anyone following the base account for your league, but that could have been accomplished in other manners, likely more effective manners.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #42
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Get your head out of your ars EA, Fix the friggin gameplay issues before adding more junk to the madden games......
Old 03-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #43
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

You like twitter? Great. You like facebook or myspace or tumblr instead? Awesome. Not a single thing about them makes football gameplay any better, though.

As for who you talk to online...that's amazing, too...but I hope you don't find out they're related to Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #44
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
You like twitter? Great. You like facebook or myspace or tumblr instead? Awesome. Not a single thing about them makes football gameplay any better, though.
Who said this feature had anything to do with football gameplay? It's a minor addition to completely separate minor feature in a separate major gameplay mode developed and managed by an entirely different and separate development studio (CCM is developed at EA Austin, football gameplay is developed at EA Tiburon) .

The extreme backlash to this, and the Twitter feature in general, is dumbfounding to me. It has no bearing as to whether the game gets better on the field.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #45
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
For you guys (understandably) laughing at the idea of a "uniform fashion critic," you really should check out Paul's blog, at uni-watch.com. It's really more than that...he breaks down history of sports equipment, often breaks uniform changes, and features fan and pro redesigns of uniforms/logos. I'm a daily reader, and usually his stuff is fantastic.

If you are interested in graphic design or sports history, I'd easily recommend it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #46
Rookie

sonnyleesmith's Arena

OVR: 2
First off, I love Uniwatch. Secondly, although I don't see why Paul Lukas was added to the stable of fake twitter accts, I presume the increasing popularity of athletic aesthetics and its role in generating revenue for the NFL, is the reason for his presence. Paul is a small cog in the machine.

I'm So Awkward!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Who said this feature had anything to do with football gameplay? It's a minor addition to completely separate minor feature in a separate major gameplay mode developed and managed by an entirely different and separate development studio (CCM is developed at EA Austin, football gameplay is developed at EA Tiburon) .

The extreme backlash to this, and the Twitter feature in general, is dumbfounding to me. It has no bearing as to whether the game gets better on the field.
What's dumbfounding and baffling to me is that EA Auatin (CCM) decides that adding insignificant and meaningless things like twitter fashion instead of significant CORE NFL features like accurate roster mechanics, including practice squads, waiver wires, contract restructuring, etc. Adding things like twitter fashion takes resources away from adding important features. What's dumbfounding to me is you not understanding why there is all t his backlash.

Accurate roster mechanics, and so many other things, should have been added long ago. And if resources that go into things like twitter fashion went into significant NFL features, we would have accurate NFL roster mechanics by now.

I'm actually dumbfounded at your dumbfounding.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #48
Banned

Is this a joke? Please tell me they aren't wasting time on stupid things like this
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »