Home

Do You Think The League Ticker And Studio Updates From NCAA 13 Should/Will Be In M25?

This is a discussion on Do You Think The League Ticker And Studio Updates From NCAA 13 Should/Will Be In M25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do You Think The League Ticker And Studio Updates From NCAA 13 Should/Will Be In M25?
I think they should and will be added to Madden 25. 6 33.33%
I think they should not and will not be added to Madden 25. 2 11.11%
I think they should but will not be added to Madden 25. 9 50.00%
I think that should not but will be added to Madden 25. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Do You Think The League Ticker And Studio Updates From NCAA 13 Should/Will Be In M25?

I just finished reading the thread about virtual Twitter being expanded in M25 and this element of media from NCAA 13 popped in my mind. NCAA 13 doesn't have a virtual Twitter feed and M13 doesn't have the ticker or studio updates, so I am hoping that's not some intentional differential.

It seems to me that both games should have the ticker and updates, possibly even the Twitter feeds. The point being, that the ticker and updates add a far more realistic media element for informing the User about what's going on in the league, than the "top stories" and virtual Twitter in M13.

To me it makes far more sense to focus on expanding and fleshing out the ticker/studio updates tech for both games. Madden can just remove the ESPN branding but still use the same tech. I went on Youtube looking at some videos of SportsCenter in that other game from 2004, so it seems possible to add actually video clips to some studio updates and randomize the scores/plays so their not so repetitive like they are in NCAA 13.

The bottom line ticker in NCAA 13 seems like a complete no brainer for M25 and instantly adds authenticity.

That said I doubt they will add either to M25 but definitely feel like they should. What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Do You Think The League Ticker And Studio Updates From NCAA 13 Should/Will Be In

For the in-game studio updates, for me it depends on how much commentary they can add for the feature.

I ended up buttoning through many of the studio updates in NCAA 13 because Rece Davis' dialogue was repetitive and never went in-depth about any particular game; to me Davis came across as very robotic and bland as a result. I'd like to see the concept fleshed out in NCAA foremost, rather than transplanted in its current state.

As to a bottom line ticker for score feeds of CCM games in progress, absolutely that should be brought over.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Do You Think The League Ticker And Studio Updates From NCAA 13 Should/Will Be In

I'd like the ticker if it was accurate. For example, if I'm in a league and I play a game I'd love to see the ticker show me quarter by quarter updates. If I play a 4pm game I'd love to the the 1pm games in with the final score while the 4pm games still going on.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, Reece's updates became repetitive after awhile.

Like Jersey stated, if the ticker updates were accurate, I wouldn't mind.

Heck, I'm reading fake Twitter feeds as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

I agree about the updates being repetitive in NCAA 13 but after looking at Sportscenter in that other game and even the "look-ins" from an old Madden, I think that could be fixed with some generic commentary from Reece along with stat and video randomization.

Anyway I completely agree with everyone that regardless of the updates or not, a CCM for M25 ticker like the one in NCAA 13 dynasty would be a perfect and logical fit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

They used to have the ticker in the old Maddens.I think this would be perfect for leagues.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I was looking forward to the Studio Updates in NCAA, but quickly found them very annoying. More often than not, they interrupt the flow of the game I am playing in, and very rarely do the updates have any relenance on my team.

It is personal preference, but I would like updates/out of town highlights to be at halftime. That is when I am ready to put my controller down and take a two minute break to see what is going on around the league. It would also be nice to have some logic in place to update me on games I care about.....I don't need to see highlights from a pair of 3-11 teams in the other conference playing out the string.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
MVP

mestevo's Arena

I'd want it if like others have said, it remains relevant and useful rather than quickly repetitive. I'd settle for the expanded twitter stuff for bites of information and better headlines that led into full transaction logs and stuff that weren't included this year rather than this though.

Game needs more information radiators, not sure if this is the best format is all. Tickers and studio updates push information (as does Twitter) and I personally prefer to pull it.

Heck, if they're going to take the twitter stuff to the next level then let me check it during a game, that's what fans do. Could see them doing that instead of an in-game ticker. Follow/unfollow teams, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »