Home

Is madden Heading in the right direction or moving in a dead end?

This is a discussion on Is madden Heading in the right direction or moving in a dead end? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What you want out of EAs Madden series.
Yes, I like what madden has done with the game over the years with Mut,CCM and presentation. 14 11.86%
No, I wish they would get back to basics and fix the gameplay like assist tackles and o and D line play, the penalties and challenges. 46 38.98%
Does it matter, EA does what they want anyway. 27 22.88%
I think madden still needs to use a new engine with new player models that act like the players in real life.More distinction between players and better physics just not speed physics. 31 26.27%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #81
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is madden Heading in the right direction or moving in a dead end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
Bowsers, I did not think the thread would turn into what it has. I guess I should have had better options for the pole. I guess the main thing I wanted to say was not if madden was heading in the right direction but will it ever just be a football game that works correctly with on the field gameplay, meaning every thing works like its is suppose to. I mean its really hard to be a true football game when you have 3 people tackle one guy and only record one tackle and no assists or not be able to challenge plays, very angering if you ask me. I guess with madden or any game for that matter when you have a bunch of people not working together on everything you end up with shotty games like aliens colonial marines, sure some parts are done right but as a whole it just sucks...Im glad madden wants to cater to everyone but why not make sure you make the people who have supported the madden franchise for the last 10 to 20 years with what they deserve, a game that can have all the features it wants but make the gameplay correct and make it a priority, cause thats what football is a game right?
Sometimes I wonder if Roger Goodell is partly the reason as to why Madden is where its at, as in, he sticks his nose in sometimes and tells them what can and can't be done. I think it's safe to say that he's extremely comfortable with the way Madden represents the NFL, (even though its nowhere near it) I doubt he's ever sat and played the game (would be funny though), but to think about how he loves controlling thing, it wouldn't be a shock to me if he's been sticking his nose in here. I remember being able to showboat (moreso high step) and stuff, that's gone. Touchdown celebrations, gone. Madden 25 implementing the new rules, sounds like Goodell's doing haha. Done. I wouldn't be shocked if the game went away with the Hit Stick, knowing he doesn't like hard hits. NFL Blitz IMO was scrapped because of the way it presented the NFL, which makes me think he did not want that.

But then, majority of the times, it's just EA taking 5 steps back. Taking out things like that owner mode, where we were able to set ticket prices, and concession prices, and we had to deal with revenue and stuff like that. That's a true franchise, and how's it's supposed to feel. Training Camp, where you had those drills, quarterback being pressured, HB Oklahoma Drills where it's just you and a lineman against a DL and safety, etc. QB vision, a tool I completely loved and thought they could've expanded on to make much much better, but IMO that was "sim", and like you said, being able to challenge anything. Whether it was the spot of the ball, or whether he clearly caught it out of bounds. It feels like, to me, and this is my personal opinion, they need to go back to the older Madden's, realize what's good and what's not, write them all down, and include them all into one game, along with THEIR new features and build from there.

Because sometimes I feel as if Madden 13 or any newer Madden for that matter, is just Madden 04 with just updated rosters and logos, and better graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 6

I honestly don`t know what they`re trying to do. I see the game as a year to year experiment with no solid idea of what direction they want to go in.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:36 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 12

Madden hit the end of a long road sometime in 2002 because if you take a long hard look at the gameplay...It really has not changed since 2002...The 1st next gen (now current gen) Madden in 2005 for the 360 had a totally different look and feel from prior Madden's but the outcry by people who did not like or understand the direction brought Madden right back to the old feel, look and gameplay.

I voted EA does not give a rip because the popularity of Madden has zero to do with the quality of the game...In fact the game is so popular that we and most folks buy it year after year after year due to its prior success and because its the ONLY game in town for the football junkie. EA's business model for Madden seems to model itself after McDonalds (Consistency and units sold)...Meanwhile if you have played NHL or Fifa EA still innovates and is progressive with those titles while Madden IMO is just lame...I can never get past 1 month of playing it after it comes out because I feel like I've seen it all...Gameplay stays the same, no new playbooks and online play just seems redundant in all categories.

Its time for a change...Either the end of exclusivity so 2K or SCEA can get back in the game or EA needs to give their dev teams in Vancouver BC, Canada a crack at the Madden Franchise to produce and develop. I've bought and played Madden since the 90's so at this juncture I am now finally done with expecting a change or hoping NEXT YEAR will be that mythical Magical year we see real physics, gameplay or the presentation we all have hoped for since 2005. In many respects the current Madden still lacks many features and gameplay items that NFL2K5 gave us 8-9 years ago...Just saying that is a sad commentary on where Madden is today.

But EA knows that once an old cat like me near age 50 burns out their is a new fresh crop of 14-32 year olds that have a good 20-30 years to go before they realize Madden is garbage and have zero expectations or no hope like I do now...Madden is the McDonalds of video games. Love it or hate it it is what it is...Nothing more and nothing less.

Another way to look at this is EA can't go wrong with Madden because its Like they are the only business in a small Alaska town selling hats, gloves and coats to Eskimos...Guess who we are???

Last edited by dat swag; 03-31-2013 at 09:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »