Home

Madden 12 vs. 13 (hear me out)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 vs. 13 (hear me out) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Re: Madden 12 vs. 13 (hear me out)

I can always read between the lines and see many moves ahead.

I kept M12, and I'm glad I did. I'm in the offseason, controlling all 32 teams, I'm making every single FA signing/trade accordingly and come draft time, I'll have the correct players on the correct teams. If there are glitchy players that don't look right, with 32 team control, editing and player create options I can fix it so that it IS right.

M13 offers NONE of these possibilities and therefore is the inferior product.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
Rookie

Stafford2Johnson's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

Just a suggestion but you might want to clarify with Verizon about that Internet.. they are known for having some of the highest speeds so something might be severely wrong.. You probably have already done this but I thought it was worth noting
Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I just had to say this. Mods, feel free to lock the thread if this is against the rules--but it needs saying.

So I caved and got Madden 13, see? And of course, it wouldn't let me connect to EA's servers.

So I got on EA's website's help section, which directed me to the boards and a disabled Live Chat button. I figured "Aw, shoot." Plus, a lot of people on the boards were having the same issue as me.

But I found out the reason the Live Chat button was disabled was because of my Firefox NoScript add-on...after allowing the necessary scripts and refreshing the page, the button was active. I clicked it, and waited the necessary 20 minutes.

I get some guy named Navneet.

I say aloud "Oh, great, that thing about outsourcing to India really was true..."

Well, that aside, he was really cooperative, though he could only direct me to the EA phone line, with a case number to give.

I called that number today.

After lots and lots of hold time, someone picks up...it's an American! And he's really understanding and helpful!

Holy cow, this was the surprise of the year! I even got to make small-talk with the guy a little!

Well, after he sent me to another guy (also American) who knew how to handle my specific situation, it turned out the problem really was on EA's end, not mine. It had nothing to do with my connection speed.

After some file cleanup on their end, now all my EA games (NCAA Football 12, NHL 13) can finally connect to the servers, and I can finally play as Barry Sanders in Madden, and get Madden Ultimate Team so I can unlock the other legends (like Warren Moon--I remember seeing him play in the Oilers days, and was sooo mad when he was traded to the Vikings).

I just want to say...seriously, wow! Big props to the phone guys at EA's customer service department! You guys were extremely helpful, cooperative, and understanding! Almost nothing like I've heard! The monopoly still sucks, but hey, at least, like AJ Dembroski said, there ARE genuinely nice and hard-working people there. If only they were the ones wearing the suits.

Now I can play everything as intended! Thanks, EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

madden 12 has it flaws just like 13
12=Superman LBs unless you drop their jump. D-line plays worse than 13 I think unless you drop pursuit by 10 and play rec by 10. Safteys do not get their tackles and do not matter in 12.No physics which is not a big deal if at all but ateast assit tackles show up.

13.hard for players to reach there goals for tackles with no assit tackles countered in. The sliders are out of whack and goes more by penalty sliders instead and penalties still do not come up half the time. The challenge system is still a joke if not more so in 13. Once in CCM you can not move players to different positions so no DT to ends ect. one last thing I dont like is the cpu progression for its teams players, I have seen some weird things like ted ginn going up to a 85 on the panthers, just not right.I do like the xp system though in 13 it just needs to be improved. You also can not just go through all season games and sim in a row like in 12. I will take quite awhile to get through a season with practice and all and you do want to practice before each game to gain xp for your coach and players.

All and all I really like 13 even with the bad over 12. once 12 had the ratings fixed it was very fun and played really great but I did not like the progression system in 12 and all i have every played was offline and some mut this year, did not play it in 12.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #13
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Football is not about setting food and ticket prices and all that garbage.

There were some aspects of the PS2 franchise mode that were better, but thats not one of them. They need to work on football stuff, not gimmicky trash like that which has nothing at all to do with football.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #14
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Both games are good, if not great. Madden 12 got me back into watching NFL football and playing Madden for the first time in a few years. Madden 12 gave me many memories; winning Superbowls, heartbreaking playoff/Superbowl losses, rebuilding teams to winning Superbowls. Madden 13 has been great, but truly, I've been searching for a good slider set to have fun in CCM. I've had a blast in CCM, seeing some crazy, awesome things (Browns winning Superbowl 47, Giants going undefeated with Eli Manning hurt all season only to lose the Superbowl.) I repurchased Madden 12 a few months ago and will switch between the two every few days,

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 04-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
Football is not about setting food and ticket prices and all that garbage.

There were some aspects of the PS2 franchise mode that were better, but thats not one of them. They need to work on football stuff, not gimmicky trash like that which has nothing at all to do with football.
In an owner mode, financials have a lot to do with football. The financials should be greatly expanded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #16
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Madden 12's Franchise Mode is far superior and feature rich compared to the bug fest and CPU idiocy that ruins 13's CCM. I traded in 13 for 12 a month ago and I wish I'd done it earlier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »