Home

Important question regarding team foreclosure

This is a discussion on Important question regarding team foreclosure within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2003, 04:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Important question regarding team foreclosure

Quote:

augustus said:
basically, it is a type of balance in the game which ensures that you don't turn your squad into a "yankees" type squad and win primarily because you can buy the more stuff than other teams. the bank will foreclose only becuase you have been operating in the red for about two seasons or have blown an enourmous amount of capital in one season. its extremely realistic and goes to show users why some real NFL squads must take measures to ensure that the franchise is still earning a profit a years end. I'm sure you've heard of big name athletes being cut at years end becuase teams cannot meet the salary cap.

to avoid foreclosure, simply keep better tabs on your spending books year to year and do whatever is necessary to keep a profit rolling in! Even if it means trading a franchise player for draft picks and money, raising prices, firing a coach, or cutting a player, do whatever it takes to keep a profit comming in. this is obviously the great fun of franchise... trying to win, the absolute cheapest way possible.

I disagree. I've played a total of 6 and a half seasons of Madden with two teams (different franchise) and I've been on the red for every season except two. So, at the end of the season you get a pop up that says you're bankrupt and that you should relocate etc. After that you press A and that's that. I have all of my cap room that always seems to be over 20 million and I can sign any coach I want.

So far I haven't noticed any consequences when going bankrupt and it's not a good thing. It doesn't matter at all whether you make a profit or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »