Home

First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature

This is a discussion on First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #209
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Hard to say. I 'hope' they design it so it can run at 30fps minimum and ideally at 60fps. Don't confuse rendering the game with playing the game. The game plays at 60fps which is what they will tell us as an attempt to spin the topic, but it only renders at 21 fps or so.

So if we have a gameplay line and a rendering line it would look like something like the following:

.GAMEPLAY - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
RENDERING - X XXX XX XXX XX X XX XXX XX XX

The gameplay is able to receive and process inputs at any point in time during that 1 second interval, but the rendering can only display changes at set times during the interval with discrete places where changes to the game will be skipped. This is the reason both Madden and NCAA have looked so choppy on this generation of hardware.

Hopefully EA Sports has learned from the sins of the past and will design the new engine in a way that can support their football game such that it not only looks great (visually still shots) but renders properly as well. If press releases are to be believed, we may see the new engines at this years E3, which isn't too far away now.
lol maybe they should send you up there and help improve the game
Old 05-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #210
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Smile Re: First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
That's caused due to the game only rendering 21 fps or so. That problem can't be fixed until next generation apparently due to poor design decisions when Madden was originally ported from last generation to current generation hardware.
I've heard a million times that this game wasn't a port. I'm taking it you mean they made bad design decisions with Madden 06?

At any rate, I wish EA would've just said that sometime in that past 6-7 years. I think a lot of complaints asking Madden to fix the "engine" were referring to this problem. It would've made more sense to just say this instead responding year after year with an answer like "Which engine? Madden is made up of several engines."
Old 05-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #211
Pro

Re: First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I've heard a million times that this game wasn't a port. I'm taking it you mean they made bad design decisions with Madden 06?

At any rate, I wish EA would've just said that sometime in that past 6-7 years. I think a lot of complaints asking Madden to fix the "engine" were referring to this problem. It would've made more sense to just say this instead responding year after year with an answer like "Which engine? Madden is made up of several engines."
So infinity engine is gonna be on the next gen too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #212
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead

There's porting and porting. It wasn't a direct port in the sense we think of when they build a game for say the PC and then port it to the PS3.

When Ian was on the forums back in the M10 days, he did mention the design issue where too much memory/space was given to the character models, which in turn is what caused all of the problems adding new things to the game and in turn to the rendering.

Personally think they dropped the character models textures a bit in M11 or M12 (forget which, but one of them, think it was 12) and that's how they've managed to introduce 3D grass better presentation and such. Have absolutely nothing to back that up other than my own observations.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #213
Pro

Re: First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature

Can't wait til I'm able to run with this guy

At 5:10 he moves like a madden player it's crazy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »