Home

True Coach Mode or not???

This is a discussion on True Coach Mode or not??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Rookie

diamok's Arena

OVR: 0
True Coach Mode or not???

Rented Madden 13, thinking of buying but have this issue.

Firstly, I've been looking around the forums, doing searches, reading this and that, and thought I had found the answer. Apparently a patch has added the ability to just coach the team, not play any position, not kick the ball, but just call the plays and watch them unfold.

In this thread here, it is asked how one turns on this mode...the answer is simple enough, you go to My Madden and in the settings (at the bottom), there is an option for coach mode. Sweet!

However...I switch this to on, then start a new CCM as a coach. I know things with EA are never what they seem to be, so I go right into a pre-season game to test this mode out.

Game starts, I am kicking off and the first thing I notice, is that stupid dial and arrow for kick power and direction. AHH HAH!!! It is not true, I think. But then I figure wait, maybe I've got to actually turn the mode on while in the CCM mode itself. No biggie, quit the pre-season game, head over to settings, scroll down...scroll up, scroll all over the place and I see no option for coach mode.

Soo, with all that said, what I really want to know, can you have True Coach Mode in a Coach CCM and if so, how do you turn it on. Or, is the option/feature simply Auto QB?

And with taking a risk of being spammed, please do not reply with the standard EA sucks this and that, wait till next year, go play NCAA and what not. I know all of that all ready, I've been playing and dealing with Madden since 1999 and EA longer than I should be.

Thanks in advance and take care,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: True Coach Mode or not???

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-question.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Does Coach Mode really work in CCM or is it just that your QB throws the ball automatically?

Does kicking/punting work in coach mode (so the CPU kicks the ball instead of the user)?

On option runs, does the QB actually pitch the ball in the right situation without the user having to press the 'pitch-button'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Sorry, it's not a True Coach Mode, just the auto QB throw like you stated, if the user doesn't move the stick. None of that other stuff, like AI kicks and punts. People have been lobbying hard for a True Coach Mode in Madden for some time and I hear there is one in NCAA football. Hopefully it makes it into M25 considering there was direct discussion about it this year with two EA Community Managers.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-you-use.html
Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Rookie

diamok's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: True Coach Mode or not???

Thanks for reply Big, and I did see that thread as well, but really want to clarify more specifically that it is just Auto QB, even though there is not an option in CCM for setting to coach mode.

After setting the option for coach mode to on, is it active regardless of what in game mode you play...suppose I could have just asked that in the first post. lol

Take care,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »