Home

Buddy Ryan's Goaline Defense

This is a discussion on Buddy Ryan's Goaline Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #41
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Buddy Ryan's Goaline Defense

@WFColonel56, this quote from your post expresses what I keep saying beautifully;

You’re playing a rather weird, nonstandard version of the game, though, which defeats the whole purpose of shedding extra rules so as to play the same game as everyone else. Any reasonable person would consider “no cheating from outside the game” to be part of the default rule set of any game.

In my case the "game" I am referring to is NFL football while you are referring to Madden. Madden should not be it's own unique brand of football, it should be NFL football as much as it can. Again, after all these years there is a following for Madden-ball and I don't have a problem with that, the issue is me not having a way to use Madden to play a closer version of NFL football. It doesn't seem to make sense for Tiburon to keep making up gimmicks or Maddennisms when they are presumably as time consuming to implement as real football processes. Why take away create a play but invent some real time play editor that has no foundation in any real football position? Create a play was removed because of gamers exploiting it yet the same thing can essentially be done at the LOS with preplay adjustments, it makes no sense. I agree that create a play was being exploited but the preplay adjustments are even worse because at least create a play had to be done outside the field of play.

I am not on some quest to stop whomever from playing Madden the way they see fit and to be honest if there was another NFL option, I wouldn't care less what Tiburon did with this game. However, since it's the only choice, I want options and settings in the game to set the parameters for how far the Buddy Ryans in my gaming circles can go.

I really think it's a shame that there is not a more real football based Madden Challenge available for gamers that want more structure than what the current one allows. I would like to create that with other like minded gamers, if Tiburon would include the options and settings to do so. The reason the current Madden Challenges and tournaments are successful is that they are not mentally restrictive, you don't have a ton of rule sets and whatnot to consider, which allows you to just play the game. That's exactly what I am pushing for Tiburon to provide for more structured gamers in Madden, the ability to have the program set the parameters through more options and settings so those gamers can just play.

Some tourney players act as if someone wanting a way to play the game more based on real world parameters is an attack on how they play and I don't get it. I don't care how anyone else chooses to play or how realistic to football they think it is, I want no parts of it and just want a way to carve out a different niche within the game. Basically I guess I am a Madden segregationist which I think is an acceptable practice for video games, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2013, 02:33 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Buddy Ryan's Goaline Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
You have a resolution to the current problem in the game (man align twice) but you personally choose not to use it and remedy the problem at hand because you personally want more from the game. I get it. I 100% understand what you want. I just don't understand the mind set of knowing a resolution to the problem but NOT using it because it doesn't meet your standards to authenticity?
Um...

I have a dynasty thread up. Obviously, I enjoy the game "enough" to do that. To have 3 CCMs going. To play 12 years in M12.

Just because I want the game to get better and advance in certain areas doesn't mean I think the game is crap.

I don't get where you think I can't stand the game. If I felt THAT bad about the game - I wouldn't even be here. I wouldn't be trying to "use what I have" in sliders to try to get the game more like I want.

Like I said, it's not about not using the controller. I already said that I have to "re-audible" the man coverage to get it to work, so evidently, I do it. I don't just give up a TD and cuss the game. I quickly "double man".

But I guess because I'm not satisfied with just having what we have, it means I think the game is garbage.

So be it. Wrong, but, so be it. I don't "belittle" Madden. Belittling would be saying the game is garbage, useless, waste of money, etc. I don't have time for that. I will say what I wish the game would move towards, but, who doesn't have something they want Madden to move towards or want improvements in areas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
(i couldnt in M13 because they made it so Lbs reset their positioning but thats another novel)
And this is the kind of stuff I want OUT of this game.

I want ALL non-real life football out of Madden. There's no rule on the depth of LBs, except that they don't cross the LOS. So why is it in Madden? Why does the OL autoslide - require the QB to call it, etc.

My standard is real life football. Not "sim" or "unsim", or whatever label I have no idea is out there. I don't care about "cheese" or "cheap" - just "is that how football is played/called/executed?"

The more real, the more challenging, the more players can also learn about how the game works. What's so wrong with wanting Madden to have that level of detail and accuracy?

I just wish they gave us the play creator back so we wouldn't have to use the "switch around in 3 seconds to draw up a play before the other team snaps it" because why should the other guy give me time? He shouldn't, and I don't expect it, so I expect EA to give players a better adjustment system.

But if that's too high standards - guilty as charged.

Last edited by KBLover; 04-07-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #43
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Um...

I have a dynasty thread up. Obviously, I enjoy the game "enough" to do that. To have 3 CCMs going. To play 12 years in M12.

Just because I want the game to get better and advance in certain areas doesn't mean I think the game is crap.

I don't get where you think I can't stand the game. If I felt THAT bad about the game - I wouldn't even be here. I wouldn't be trying to "use what I have" in sliders to try to get the game more like I want.

Like I said, it's not about not using the controller. I already said that I have to "re-audible" the man coverage to get it to work, so evidently, I do it. I don't just give up a TD and cuss the game. I quickly "double man".

But I guess because I'm not satisfied with just having what we have, it means I think the game is garbage.

So be it. Wrong, but, so be it. I don't "belittle" Madden. Belittling would be saying the game is garbage, useless, waste of money, etc. I don't have time for that. I will say what I wish the game would move towards, but, who doesn't have something they want Madden to move towards or want improvements in areas?

And this is the kind of stuff I want OUT of this game.

I want ALL non-real life football out of Madden. There's no rule on the depth of LBs, except that they don't cross the LOS. So why is it in Madden? Why does the OL autoslide - require the QB to call it, etc.

My standard is real life football. Not "sim" or "unsim", or whatever label I have no idea is out there. I don't care about "cheese" or "cheap" - just "is that how football is played/called/executed?"

The more real, the more challenging, the more players can also learn about how the game works. What's so wrong with wanting Madden to have that level of detail and accuracy?

I just wish they gave us the play creator back so we wouldn't have to use the "switch around in 3 seconds to draw up a play before the other team snaps it" because why should the other guy give me time? He shouldn't, and I don't expect it, so I expect EA to give players a better adjustment system.

But if that's too high standards - guilty as charged.
That's my fault then. I was under the impression that with all the complaining it was something you didn't enjoy.

More of a love hate relationship.

I think that the difference in opinion is where the standard bar is and also what is expected and/or what is deserved.

Nothing is deserved.

Authenticity is expected.

For me authenticity is met but that is where the problems start for where you and I look at the game.

I respect that.

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »