Home

Madden Is Turning 25 This Year, Time To Take The Training Wheels Off

This is a discussion on Madden Is Turning 25 This Year, Time To Take The Training Wheels Off within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #81
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Is Turning 25 This Year, Time To Take The Training Wheels Off

I think that there is a general agreement within this thread. Everyone, or at least everyone that has responded in here, wants changes to the scouting.

I think everyone in here would be ok with the user being "given" the combine/pro day numbers. I also think everyone wants some cloudy or fuzzy or mystery built into the position specific ratings. How they go about it is a point where there are several ideas in here to draw from.

I would not be happy with the entire Madden roster having no rating indicators. I would be ok with some sort of grey area being introduced as an option, maybe replacing the numbers with letter grades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #82
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I think that there is a general agreement within this thread. Everyone, or at least everyone that has responded in here, wants changes to the scouting.

I think everyone in here would be ok with the user being "given" the combine/pro day numbers. I also think everyone wants some cloudy or fuzzy or mystery built into the position specific ratings. How they go about it is a point where there are several ideas in here to draw from.

I would not be happy with the entire Madden roster having no rating indicators. I would be ok with some sort of grey area being introduced as an option, maybe replacing the numbers with letter grades.
Not to try to tell anybody what they like but how do you know until you have the option for completely hidden ratings? I understand that doesn't apply to everything in life but in reference to a different way of interacting with the game, I think it does. There are many people that the moment they heard "online" anything, they wanted no parts of it because of how they thought it was, before actual trying it. Then after playing in an online league or a quality online community, they saw it was nothing like they thought.

That's what I am suggesting with these options, Tiburon should give gamers a method to play Madden in a more challenging way and stop unnecessarily overprotecting them.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #83
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

That's what I am suggesting with these options, Tiburon should give gamers a method to play Madden in a more challenging way and stop unnecessarily overprotecting them.
I am not trying to be dismissive of the idea, more over I think maybe three options would be the best.

1. Traditional
2. Hide all ratings
3. Something in the middle

I don't really disagree with you on any particular point.

I just think for the casuals you leave it alone, and then two options for the rest of us to determine the level of challenge we want to take in in terms of roster fuzziness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »