Home

Madden 25 Motion Capture Video

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Motion Capture Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 25 Motion Capture Video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?index=1&l...kA%26index%3D1

Gameplay footage is from Madden 13, I believe, since mo-caps are done prior to development.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 04-11-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 25 Motion Capture Video

Seeing these always reminds me why the the animations are so bad. They really shouldn't script the scenarios. And they need more space. The animations lack effort, struggle & speed.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Seeing these always reminds me why the the animations are so bad. They really shouldn't script the scenarios. And they need more space. The animations lack effort, struggle & speed.
0 to 7 secs..........Largest mocap place in the world.....You arent going to get a larger space
Old 04-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Nice video post JP and I still can't figure out WTF is getting lost in translation somewhere. Is it the scripting that Bezo mentioned that makes it look so stiff in the game or is the system they are using to implement these actions into the game or some of both. I know EA Tiburon is obsessed with this max User control concept and having shorter branching animations and my guess is that is what is causing the choppy unfluid movement of players in-game. That would also explain that video of the bull rush animation that looked silly and rushed. Maybe their animation system can't process long animations, it has to be these short choppy ones.

Then another question is, I have heard devs at EA Tiburon state that they chose to go away from the longer more realistic looking 2kstyle animations because they diminish User control but then what type of animation system was BackBreaker using? That game has engaged player movement and fluidity.

Anyway, it's whatever as long as they have something completely different going on for the new consoles.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah I really don't understand how the animations looked SO STIFF when they showed them side by side with the actual mo-cap. I actually heard through the grapevine(just a rumor) that when EA started this generation the animations system they used for a majority of their games couldn't handle tons of animation because of the way they were built coming in and they've been trying to deal with it ever since. Not sure how true it is but it does make sense.

Anyway something gets lost from when they capture the animation to when it gets into the game. Not that these guys captured great animations, but still it looked much better than when it got into the game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I forgot they had the larger space.

I didn't even get to the stiffness. My understanding is that it is, at least in part, due to the shorter, branchable animations. My guess is the the stiffness finds its way into non-brnchable animations as well for whatever reason.

But the obvious scripted scenarios stand out to me. That bull rush animation you're talking about Big, that's due to scripting IMO. "OK fellas. Bull rush, defender wins. Go!" And because the blocker knows the defender is suppose to win, and is probably not the best stuntman, the animation looks exactly like what it is. A scripted scenario.

Either eliminate the scripted result and let them battle or get the talent to offer some resistance when losing engagements. I think they should just let guys battle in the trenches & grab the best animations. Vary the size of the oopponets to manipulate the results.

Last edited by BezO; 04-11-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Rookie

DarkOmnios's Arena

OVR: 0

I also don't understand how the animations look so stiff, they say that they clean those motions and give to the game team...how the hell they can lost so much thing to the final product???

Btw didn't Kenny said a time ago that he wanted to try enter the NFL??
Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

This year's NCAA had the smoothest animations ever, it was VERY tough to go from that to the herky jerky Madden 13 stuff, with the "shot by a sniper" tackling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »