Home

One thing you would like to see in M25 non gameplay related

This is a discussion on One thing you would like to see in M25 non gameplay related within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #57
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: One thing you would like to see in M25 non gameplay related

They need to add better presentation, commentary and chants! If I remember correctly there is no "here we go steelers, here we go" or "go pack go" or "Who dat say they gonna beat them Saints". It was in Madden 12 but not 13? Why downgrade?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #58
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
I know it seemed like Trick was downplaying the need for commentary to the effect of nostalga but I agree with MS, a revival in the commentary board is desparately needed and how much more fitting to celebrate the anniversary than with a tribute to the forefathers, Pat and John.

*The sad telling is that we could not predict Pat's death so this addition would not make it to the next series but a tribute would still be meaningful.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 04-19-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #59
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
Custom camera
Or at least an old school Tecmo camera. I'd love to try side scrolling football action again.

Is it too much to ask for separate special teams sliders (user vs cpu) and a kick return slider?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Get rid of the XP system and use the old school mini drills for your players to increase attributes!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #61
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
No you have to retire or start over which is annoying.Imagine you being a coach with 1 franchise for maybe 10+ years.You want a new challenge you already won division tiles,SB the works.Your only option is retiring or create new coach all your hard work W-L record all of it will be gone.
That's not completely true. You could quit your job in the offseason and hope to get picked up by another team. If nobody signed you THEN you were forced to retire. The problem was that even though you could have won 3 Superbowls the game didn't recognize you as a great coach and every team would ignore you and you were forced to retire. The option was there to continue with a different team, it just didn't work.

I asked Josh Looman about this and he felt it wasn't an issue but it clearly was. I had won three Superbowls, had a tremendous record and just wanted to go to a bad team and rebuild them as my team was the most talented team in the league. I couldn't do it. I'd quit and was always forced to retire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
No you have to retire or start over which is annoying.Imagine you being a coach with 1 franchise for maybe 10+ years.You want a new challenge you already won division tiles,SB the works.Your only option is retiring or create new coach all your hard work W-L record all of it will be gone.
Not true. You're just not that great of a coach yet . If you are a great coach, other teams will offer you a contract after yours expires. Signing a new contract will give you a nice boost to your XP, usually other teams offer me 15000 XP points to sign with them. If nobody wants to sign you, only then are you asked to retire.

Also I think the type of scheme you run affects the teams that offer you a job. So if the only teams that have job openings run the complete opposite of your scheme for both offense and defense, its less likely (but still possible) that you will get many offers

Last edited by Azcardinal32; 04-20-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

Give us the combine work out numbers for all players. Just because I havent scouted a guy doesnt mean I shouldnt be able to see his 40 time, Bench, Shuttle time, etc.

Along with this, make the 40 times on an equal scale for each position. I remember past maddens where a RB with a 4.45 40 time was like a 85 Spd but for a LB with the same time they are a 90 SPD.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #64
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Knee braces
Fog
Make day rain games look exactly like overcast games, but with rain.
Grass in the helmet
NCAA 2005 Home-Field Advantage feature
Field degradation (game and season)
Kicker Shoes (One black, one white)
Different chin-strap styles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »