Home

What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?

This is a discussion on What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?
Only purchase M25 for PS3/360 67 25.57%
Only purchase M25 for PS4/720 78 29.77%
Purchase M25 for both PS3/360 and PS4/720 52 19.85%
Skip M25 all together 25 9.54%
Undecided 40 15.27%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I don't think EA/Tiburon can afford to foul up this gen of football like the last. As much as I don't have faith in Tiburon, I just don't think they'll make the same mistakes coming in. I'm not saying Madden next gen will be THE game, but I don't think it will be a horrible game like Madden 06.
Would you be willing to bet ummm, say your salary for the next two years? I'm just basing it off of the only thing I can which is their history. It's no different than credit scores. I'm going to look at your history to determine what I think you are going to do now, today.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #50
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Would you be willing to bet ummm, say your salary for the next two years? I'm just basing it off of the only thing I can which is their history. It's no different than credit scores. I'm going to look at your history to determine what I think you are going to do now, today.
Lol. I definitely feel where your coming from, but if we're looking at history why not also look at the PS2 launch? They certainly were prepared for that generation and honestly that generation is why people were looking forward to this current generation so much.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #51
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Hasn't EA Sports publicly stated that they aren't starting over the Madden codebase for Generation 8 consoles in the same manner that they did when Generation 7 consoles were priming to roll out in late 2005?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #52
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Hasn't EA Sports publicly stated that they aren't starting over the Madden codebase for Generation 8 consoles in the same manner that they did when Generation 7 consoles were priming to roll out in late 2005?
Yes I believe they have several times. This is why I personally have a little bit of hope going into this next gen. Also the fact the development it supposedly supposed to be easier and faster due to the architecture of these new systems. Also as Big mentioned EA has next gen graphics engine already in place, so this might also keep the cost of development down. I really think if Tiburon chooses to, and has the ability to, they can make the game we've been begging for. I really don't see ANY room for excuses this coming generation.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #53
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I would buy the new version and skip this gen. I know Madden 06 for 360 was terrible but, Madden 2001 for PS2 was awesome. I think the new Madden team is aware that they can't repeat what happened back in 2005.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 1

Did you play Madden 06 on the 360? So bad. No way I touch that.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #55
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I remember how great Madden 06 was on the 360... I also remember how amazing the last 8 years have been...

Count me out at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yes I believe they have several times. This is why I personally have a little bit of hope going into this next gen. Also the fact the development it supposedly supposed to be easier and faster due to the architecture of these new systems. Also as Big mentioned EA has next gen graphics engine already in place, so this might also keep the cost of development down. I really think if Tiburon chooses to, and has the ability to, they can make the game we've been begging for. I really don't see ANY room for excuses this coming generation.
Yes they have said it. I haven't spoken much on any of the stuff that has been released for 25 and NCAA 14 and I'm skeptical that if Madden 25 is exclusive for Xbox 720 in this first year then it is not going to be something that is much greater than what we will have on 360 and PS3.

Also, I'm sorta turned off because the no overhaul of OL/DL just showed me that they have no commitment to it on the current consoles and the excuse is probably going to be these systems are limited. But what will make me change my mind completely and not get the game this year is if they implement this run game feature and completely ignore the following on defense:

1) Primary Support/Force Player
2) Cutback
3) Secondary Support/Play Action Responsibility
4) Spill Player
5) Chase/Boot Action /Reverse

If I do not see some emphasis on these things I'm just completely done. Until they balance the game. Yet again, I quit playing football before draft time and have not had a big interest in it since the SB. Once these other games hit, it was easy for me to transition. That's why it is fitting that GTA and Spinter Cell Blacklist are coming out close to the time of Madden. If I don't like what I play on the season pass, then, no football for me this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »