Home

I will still boycott madden football for no PC version

This is a discussion on I will still boycott madden football for no PC version within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: I will still boycott madden football for no PC version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Pretty much all EA games are on the PC. I can't name very many that aren't. Football being one of the largest and leading games they have and is year after year is inexcusable.
Be that as it may, EA Tiburon doesn't actively develop a single game for the PC, however (Madden, NCAA, Tiger Woods, and the recently-moved NBA Live all have not targeted the PC with Gen-7 tech).

Again, I'm not saying I like this - I don't - but Tiburon isn't acting inconsistently by not targeting Madden for the PC, because none of their games do. They are exclusively a console video games development studio and have been for a number of years. In fact, the entire EA Sports brand, with the exception of FIFA and Football Manager both developed by EA Canada, does not target the PC platform.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-20-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Be that as it may, EA Tiburon doesn't actively develop a single game for the PC, however (Madden, NCAA, Tiger Woods, and the recently-moved NBA Live all have not targeted the PC with Gen-7 tech).

Again, I'm not saying I like this - I don't - but Tiburon isn't acting inconsistently by not targeting Madden for the PC, because none of their games do. They are exclusively a console video games development studio and have been for a number of years. In fact, the entire EA Sports brand, with the exception of FIFA and Football Manager both developed by EA Canada, does not target the PC platform.
Kind of ironic that each of those games you listed are annual releases.

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I would also like a PC option, but I (reluctantly) understand why they don't make one...

Guys are STILL playing the last Madden for PC (2008) and the company's concern is people "standing pat" with a version they already own, as opposed to having them buy a new iteration EVERY year...
But when you release a bad port from the console version every year, which is barely a roster update, should you be surprised it doesn't sell well? If you make a better product, people might buy it. Also, if it doesn't sell well as a yearly version (due to easy roster mods on PC), then release an upgraded version every two years, or even every five years. With what they were doing, I have no problem with them stopping the release of a crappy PC game every year (I can't help myself and bought NHL and Madden for PC every year).
Old 04-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 8

Madden 08 for the pc used to be my favorite game ever....until '13 came along. I played the heck out of 08 but was surprised how much I loved '13 and played it even more. I absolutely loved what they did with the tackling engine and for the first time in 5 years the longevity of the game kept me interested.

Presentation is still shockingly bad unfortunately.

p.s. These boycott threads always crack me up.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
Kind of ironic that each of those games you listed are annual releases.
I'm not sure I see the irony, care to explain?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you guys want something to play get a DVD copy of Madden 08 for PC. there are a lot of mods for it on footballidiot.com updated uniforms, rosters, even CFL and NCAA mods. I honestly still believe madden 08 is the best madden ever made. EA really took a major step back on the PS3 and 360. I hope they can get it right with the next gen consoles and hopefully release one on the PC!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
When a much smaller studio in 2KSports can produce smaller market sports games for PC, EASports have no excuse. It's not a matter of not making money, it's a matter of not making enough money compared to that same effort/expenditure going to marketing a phone game or one of their other higher priorities.
2KSPORTS has announced they will no longer be releasing PC versions of NBA starting next year
Old 04-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

There are a ton of pros and cons either way, but I highly suspect that the reason why sports games, in general, are not released on the PC has to do with contracts with the leagues. I am going to guess that the NFL (and other leagues, probably) have a clause that prohibits the "altering of their brand"...it is the reason why in Maddens past you couldn't create a stadium or team with existing, actual team colors or logos. The PC version will be cracked within days and EA has no control over that.

HOWEVER, the only way I see a PC version coming out is if EA decides to implement a "SimCity Always On Requirement". Where they can control the content.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »