Home

M13 Unsung Improvements

This is a discussion on M13 Unsung Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: M13 Unsung Improvements

Their is so many little nice things that are neat.

Some i just dont understand why is in the game because you will NEVER see it.

I saw a penalty for the most obscure rule few days ago (I play 1-4 games per day) and have never seen this.

I think it was like one of my guys was out of bounds and came back into the field for the tackle which was flagged correctly. Its cool to see but cant believe its in the game when more common penalties dont exist/ arent flagged.

Plenty of tiny cool things in M13 though, cant think of any from top of my head.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

if you guys want to enjoy Madden 13 the way I am enjoying it, try doing what I did.

I bought Madden 12 brand new...played it up until about 2 weeks ago. The week Madden 13 was released, my wife left me and I went through a divorce, and never got around to buying it due to no extra money and lack of concern over a video game. To keep my mind occupied, I got myself wrapped up in my Madden 12 franchise with my Cowboys, and played 8 full seasons with 15 minute quarters and built a true dynasty. Finally, I've been watching videos and reading reviews, and I found Madden 13 brand new on ebay 2 weeks ago for $35 with free shipping, and I decided that now was the time. After taking this week to get my Cowboys set up exactly how I want them (offline only), I started my CCM and played through the first 4 preseason games. I have to say that I am hooked. The presentation, the new commentators, the graphics, the physics engine, the difficulty (thanks to Jarrods all madden sliders), and the overall feel of the game...I am officially hooked. I am so glad that I purchased this game. I finished up my last preseason game last night against the Dolphins and finally got my first win after losing the first 3. I won on a last second 44 yard field goal to win 27-24 and enter the season with some momentum. I've already released a few people I don't feel is part of my future and I am already planning for next off season releasing a bunch of guys and building MY team through the draft.

So far, Madden 13 is absolutely awesome in my opinion. Maybe where I let the market settle down, all the patches and everything, I finally got the game in its most up to date version and I am loving it. Can't wait for 25!

Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Man I still have a unopened copy if Madden every time I got to open it I stop myself.

I'm more of a college guy but am wanting to try that PE. I only tried the demo, I had the 3 day pass but didn't even get to use it because I was busy with work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the draft storylines. that to me....oh I love it so much from hc 09, so it was just the greatest addition in awhile for "franchise" aka ccm now

and storylines, I love it because it tells you when a trade goes down, my issue is that then it should lead you to the transactions log. we need that transactions log to give us the full information if we wish to check on it, its a bit like the player card that needs to be available IN GAME again. these are smaller things to some, but I think they actually make or break franchise immersion
Old 04-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

I like the draft classes, best they've had. Definitely some issues, but I still think they did a good job with them. Too much focus on the issues with them.

Twitter accounts. Not the dumb useless fake persona's repeating nonsensical garbage, but giving game scores instantly to the league via twitter is pretty great. Hopefully next year it provides live updates during games, that would be killer.

Advancing the week online. Always nice not to have to boot the fat boy ps3 of mine up and do it (9 minute process).

Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I really enjoy the game's original musical score. Particularly for pre-game intro and coin toss, quarter breaks, halftime, and post-game, the orchestral soundtrack combined with the camera cuts and commentary gives legitimacy to the idea of an EA Sports NFL broadcast and really is just excellent.
I don't mind the "madden music" and I agree with you that its nice during the game and for the cut scenes and it really helps build that "EA Broadcast" feel...

One thing I would like to see is some different songs, like they used to do in the older games, while we're going through the menus of CMM and the rest of the game... Hearing the same music, looping, over and over and over and over again causes me to mute my TV when I'm playing

psn - CeeGee
Old 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
I like the draft classes, best they've had. Definitely some issues, but I still think they did a good job with them. Too much focus on the issues with them.

Twitter accounts. Not the dumb useless fake persona's repeating nonsensical garbage, but giving game scores instantly to the league via twitter is pretty great. Hopefully next year it provides live updates during games, that would be killer.

Advancing the week online. Always nice not to have to boot the fat boy ps3 of mine up and do it (9 minute process).
Too many 99 speed WR's for my liking... Next year Awareness needs to play a bigger role in the game... If a 99 speed WR has 15 awareness, he should run the wrong route half the time... You should honestly be worried whether or not he "knows" the play / route if you've got him on the field... These 99 speed players break the game imo because its just so easy for a user to streak them pre snap and lob and pray

Overall though, I like the depth of the mode and its 1,000,000 times better than previous versions this gen.

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #16
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
One thing I would like to see is some different songs, like they used to do in the older games, while we're going through the menus of CMM and the rest of the game... Hearing the same music, looping, over and over and over and over again causes me to mute my TV when I'm playing
The menu music, though good in isolation, does get repetitive. To that end, I wish they'd just put the NFL Head Coach 09 soundtrack in the game and call it a day lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »