Home

Are you more excited for Madden 25 than you were for 13?

This is a discussion on Are you more excited for Madden 25 than you were for 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Are you more excited for Madden 25 than you were for 13?

after years of hype and being let down my answer is No. Remember the first Madden on this Generation, Yikes!!

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 04-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't expect to be more excited than news of infinity, CCM and the new commentary. Very interested in how they continue to iterate those features and how they transition them to the next consoles. I feel those were the tentpoles for being excited this gen, and I look forward to how they iterate on them for the remainder of this gen and also look forward to the new consoles generating that level of excitement at some point.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
For me, Yes. I am more excited for madden 25, the reason being is that they now how the chance to improve Connected Careers even more and add a whole ton of new features after Madden 13 was like a Version 1 of future Madden Games. How about you?
First I have to see if they have improved the weak points of CCM offline/online. CPU players must start reacting appropriately and be more aware without me having to use ninja reflexes and user control all 11 players on one side of the ball to make a play.

Second I have to see videos of the band-aids they place on the field of play (collisions, lineplay, offensive and defensive as well).

Third presentation will they build on it or as I think more of the same, or even a step backwards.

There is much more, but I will get frustrated with everything that is wrong, non-existent, or not actual football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Right at this moment the answer is no.
If EA really worked on some game play issues;
foot-planting is tied to moving the left stick and not just the "button" moves and the right stick,
if custom playbooks are an option for online CCM,
if they added a ton of options for online leagues (CCMs) with commissioner options for trade approval, undo transaction option, "ban/suspend/boot w/o ban user options, time/day auto advance feature,
if OL/DL interaction got more than the "touch-up" treatment NCAA 14 has,
if outside of game formation subs (including special teams) are back
if Adaptive AI makes an appearance as its own slider,
if combine/pro day numbers do not require scouting points,
if there is a simulate practice w a "random" points awarded to players on user and CPU teams,
if all of that is in I may start to get hyped, but if even one of the above mentioned things is missing or poorly implemented then my excitement will die altogether. And even if they say all that is in, I am waiting a few weeks to see what people are saying before I buy.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
For me, Yes. I am more excited for madden 25, the reason being is that they now how the chance to improve Connected Careers even more and add a whole ton of new features after Madden 13 was like a Version 1 of future Madden Games. How about you?
I feel the same way. Madden 13 was plagued by some bugs and unpolished features. I think and hope Madden 25 will be a good step in the right direction. I liked CCM in M13 and thought it was a big improvement. I think the toning down of zig-zag running will also be a really nice improvement. Only time will tell though.

Madden 13 was a lot like a love-hate relationship but in the end I ended up playing quite a bit (overlooking the flaws) and enjoyed the offseason stuff and scouting.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 04-21-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #14
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2

Madden is uselss to me without 32 team control, so unless they open up Connected Careers, I'll be sticking with Madden 12.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
About the same. Wait & see ...

I'm more excited to see footage of Madden on PS4 actually. Plus, GTA is coming 3 weeks later so ...
I would hope they learned from the past and not be quick to jump on next gen so fast. Wait until Madden 15 before doing so

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #16
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I would hope they learned from the past and not be quick to jump on next gen so fast. Wait until Madden 15 before doing so
While you make a valid point, it remains that most of us hope that, but have to wait and see. I doubt the Devs at EA/Tiburon would rush it, the power players (talking suits, board execs) might push for it cuz money is their guiding light.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »