Home

Saving formation subs

This is a discussion on Saving formation subs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Saving formation subs

I didnt see an answer for this for Madden 13 in other threads, so Im sorry if this has been asked before:

Is there ANY way to get foration subs to save in franchise mode? (ie, connected careers head coach). For as far back as I can remember in both Madden and NCAA, when you changed a player in a formation while in game, completed the game, saved, and used the same playbook again, your changes were saved. This doesnt happen for me. Is there a workaround? I waste time every single game on offense AND defense fixing this. It seems crazy that they would take it out.....but they've done worse I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Saving formation subs

I am not aware of a work around for that. I also hate that there is no way to reset in-game form subs. There are certain formations that I tend make multiple changes to, but would love to be able to quickly go back to the normal personnel.

Although if they would just bring back custom sub packages I could accomplish all that without the headaches. Some of the stuff EA removes is just so stupid - special teams formation subs anyone? Why do I not have complete control over which, if any, any of my veterans are exposed to injury risks on kickoffs or punts???
Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I am not aware of a work around for that. I also hate that there is no way to reset in-game form subs. There are certain formations that I tend make multiple changes to, but would love to be able to quickly go back to the normal personnel.

Although if they would just bring back custom sub packages I could accomplish all that without the headaches. Some of the stuff EA removes is just so stupid - special teams formation subs anyone? Why do I not have complete control over which, if any, any of my veterans are exposed to injury risks on kickoffs or punts???
this is why there should be a separate depth chart for special teams. EA continually overlooks the importance of the special teams play on saturdays and sundays. ask any coach, college or pro, and he will tell you that special teams WINS and LOSES games every week somewhere.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

At some point, I would like EA to revisit personnel deployment entirely. I want to be able to call plays by first choosing a group of players to deploy (a personnel package), then choosing a formation and play. I also want to be able to create and edit custom personnel groupings.

I recall reading that NCAA has begun moving in this direction with offensive package-based playcalling; I hope Madden does the same.

To the topic, formation subs reset after every game in Madden 13. This was better than the previous implementation IMO - formation subs were permanent with no reset functionality in Madden 12, even across multiple seasons - but the current method is still suboptimal.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
At some point, I would like EA to revisit personnel deployment entirely. I want to be able to call plays by first choosing a group of players to deploy (a personnel package), then choosing a formation and play. I also want to be able to create and edit custom personnel groupings.

I recall reading that NCAA has begun moving in this direction with offensive package-based playcalling; I hope Madden does the same.

To the topic, formation subs reset after every game in Madden 13. This was better than the previous implementation IMO - formation subs were permanent with no reset functionality in Madden 12, even across multiple seasons - but the current method is still suboptimal.

Dependent on a new and accurate depth chart system that would list players as Z, Y, slot WR
RCB, LCB, nickel, dime
gunner 1, gunner 2
3rd down back, goalline back

Then re adjust all the plays and subsequent selectable packages based off of the adjusted depth charts.
an example of a package could be TE at Z or TE at slot, slot at Y

etc. etc.

Would save playbooks such as the Patriot's from being useless when (CPU controlled) Wes Welker retires and a 75 ovr speed WR with 70 CIT has to be moved into slot duty in certain packages (likewise with Cruz in Giants package)

This would also allow for players to play within their most effective roles and CPU teams could draft for more in depth need...

eg. Amendola retired... instead of drafting a 6,5 Randy Moss clone to play in his spot, they draft another slot guy or sign Ryan Swope/Davone Bess or someone..

By having a full Special Teams depth chart you could also draft specific special teams players such as the fast CB who can't cover but has 70 tackle... or put your best blocking TEs on the return team to open up lanes etc.
Would promote real team building for both humans and CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

any word on formation subs in M25?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #7
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Dependent on a new and accurate depth chart system that would list players as Z, Y, slot WR
RCB, LCB, nickel, dime
gunner 1, gunner 2
3rd down back, goalline back

Then re adjust all the plays and subsequent selectable packages based off of the adjusted depth charts.
an example of a package could be TE at Z or TE at slot, slot at Y

etc. etc.

Would save playbooks such as the Patriot's from being useless when (CPU controlled) Wes Welker retires and a 75 ovr speed WR with 70 CIT has to be moved into slot duty in certain packages (likewise with Cruz in Giants package)

This would also allow for players to play within their most effective roles and CPU teams could draft for more in depth need...

eg. Amendola retired... instead of drafting a 6,5 Randy Moss clone to play in his spot, they draft another slot guy or sign Ryan Swope/Davone Bess or someone..

By having a full Special Teams depth chart you could also draft specific special teams players such as the fast CB who can't cover but has 70 tackle... or put your best blocking TEs on the return team to open up lanes etc.
Would promote real team building for both humans and CPU.
But only a moronic defensive coach allows CBs to play only one side of the field - so stupid to allow the offense to dictate matchups - hate that and unfortunately my favorite team continually does this - so irritating...

Otherwise I agree though I want full custom packages - including special teams - say I have a great player who is a good return man, he is a starter so I don't want him to do it all the time, should have a package for him - like PR 2...

Last edited by Trick13; 05-31-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
But only a moronic defensive coach allows CBs to play only one side of the field - so stupid to allow the offense to dictate matchups - hate that and unfortunately my favorite team continually does this - so irritating...

Otherwise I agree though I want full custom packages - including special teams - say I have a great player who is a good return man, he is a starter so I don't want him to do it all the time, should have a package for him - like PR 2...
lol well you can always use subs to move them around...

I agree entirely tho!

I wish my post got more attention as I think it'd help not only the user experience but will help with CPU team building.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »