Home

Guarding TE's

This is a discussion on Guarding TE's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Guarding TE's

I agree with shading it helps. I always forget about it sometimes tho

Sent from Illusionati 4.3
Old 09-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
Rookie

maddenmaster's Arena

Basically if they come out throwing the ball come out in a nickel or dime and double team the TE always works for me. Or user a LB or S but be careful with usering the S cuz any time I do the cpu burns me on a deep pass because theirs no over top help and I guess the cpu can be intelligent at times lol

Last edited by maddenmaster; 09-19-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
Rookie

User the MLB and cover the TE, takes away their whole gameplan usually. Most I've run into playing competitive online now are running SF, using a Read option offence, and if you stop that they pass to Vernon Davis on seam routes. Commit most plays to the option to the QB, zone blitz, user the MLB to cover the TE, they usually get destroyed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #12
Rookie

joshuacyk's Arena

user mlb to take away te inside pass lead (although its been toned down a lot in this years game). try to lead him into the safety and look to make a play on the ball if he throws to the te
Old 09-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
Just started!

If I'm playing a team with a good TE, I play a lot of man with the SS or the NB picking him up. I'm getting torched by RB screens more than TEs. It's mostly my fault though, since I get so caught up in stopping the TEs that I man up and blitz and forget about the screen possibility.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #14
Rookie

maddenmaster's Arena

Yeah I get beat on the screen passes myself. Usually goes for a 1st down or longer but I'm getting a little better at it tho
Old 10-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

I use Wiilis or Bowman. Having freak ILB helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #16
Rookie

Is there anyway to globally audible these players? I notice even with practice, it is almost impossible to set up too many audibles before they hike the ball. Defense is crap on this game. I don't know how many times I will have a fast highly rated mlb guarding over the middle against a sorry slow TE only to have the TE blow past him. Corner routes suck to. Yeah you can shade the CB to the outside, but by having to select player and then doing individual coverage, you do not have time to really adjust any where else cause you have to kind of wait until the offense is set at the line to determine what receiver you are going to audible. And unless I am mistaken you use to be able to go back when selecting a player. So if you are changing players and went to far you could go back instead of going through all the players again. Why did they take this out? I don't know how many times I've had to cycle through the players wasting precious seconds trying to get to the player you want to user. Very frustrating. I don't really have a problem on offense and can still manage to win most of my games, but this takes the fun out of Madden. There is nothing more satisfying then shutting down your opponent. But when you have to press 20 thousand buttons only to have someone destroy your coverage, because you player just stands there as the TE or any player runs by, I say what is the point. The AI on this game is so horrible.

PS - Why cannot I post threads? This is the dumbest thing ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »