Home

Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #73
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
Yeah, that's been a problem on this generation. The current team, in my opinion is trying to make the best game possible. Considering that they're redoing so much just to try and break even so to speak. While I commend their efforts, it's all gonna come down to efficient execution on what was fixed from last year, and what was implemented/upgraded this year. We definitely want that organic gameplay. It's just that it's gonna take time to realistically and effectively get it there. That's why I stress that if it's not there to you, don't purchase.
Just wanna say I'm a fan smitty. I've watched a ton of your videos over time and I appreciate your perspective.

I don't know if you can answer this but have the devs ever spoken on the limitations or hurdles with this animation system and why things look so awkward,goofy, and stiff this generation?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I feel you BUT the key to this is how it gets "tuned" between now and the final game. Considering they still refuse to add a "sim" setting, as far as we know now, who knows how effective fatigue will be after their initial balancing act on release or after the first patch which the natives are restless about their Superstar player(s) being sluggish, injured and/or fumbling in the 4th quarter from exhaustion. I feel using the wrap up the ball button should be required for any player with a low carry rating to prevent fumbles, to add a User risk that needs to be accounted for with those players

This is why the Connected Franchise blogs for M25 are going to be so important because quite honestly this is a must have at this point. For all the good things they are talking about and there are some really good things, it will all be diminished if they don't come full circle by now. Things like team management formation subs, at least the HC09 wear-n-tear system, playbook knowledge, access to Gameplans, etc, have to be there to compliment the game play improvements. If not, like you alluded to, it will make good things like fatigue, be received poorly due to a lack of being able to game plan for them.
I wish I had a GIF or an IMAGE to express how you just crushed my heart BigF !

For a minute I completely forgot we were dealing with EA over that lil tidbit of info. Thanks for grounding me bro!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Yeah, that's been a problem on this generation. The current team, in my opinion is trying to make the best game possible. Considering that they're redoing so much just to try and break even so to speak. While I commend their efforts, it's all gonna come down to efficient execution on what was fixed from last year, and what was implemented/upgraded this year. We definitely want that organic gameplay. It's just that it's gonna take time to realistically and effectively get it there. That's why I stress that if it's not there to you, don't purchase.
Smitty, also a fan.

I like your comment about what was fixed from last year. It appears last year they focused on the pass and now this year, the run.

Just wondering if there was any tweaks to the passing game. Signature style QB's would be great now or in the future.

Thanks for all you do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #76
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I wish I had a GIF or an IMAGE to express how you just crushed my heart BigF !

For a minute I completely forgot we were dealing with EA over that lil tidbit of info. Thanks for grounding me bro!
Didn't mean to crush you bro, just reminding you that Tiburon has been claiming to try to turn this arcade "jumpoff" into a sim "homemaker" for at least the last 4 years, to no avail. Time will tell if this year is any different
Old 04-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #77
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Just wanna say I'm a fan smitty. I've watched a ton of your videos over time and I appreciate your perspective.

I don't know if you can answer this but have the devs ever spoken on the limitations or hurdles with this animation system and why things look so awkward,goofy, and stiff this generation?
First of all, thanks for following and I appreciate the support man. I never have asked about what the limitations were, as the build I played was too early to talk limitations. From what has been publicly spoken of, obviously disk space is a relevant issue for sure. I wouldn't really ask that, because you gotta remember, you had 4 different designer lead changes over this generation. You have Cam Weber trying to restore from what was in a rough state before his arrival. Think about it like your favorite football team. If over a span of 8 years, you had 3 different head coaches and once the all were fired/resigned, the 4th Coach comes in telling the media that in 3 years, we'll be a Super Bowl contender. Now, after posting consecutive losing seasons winning an average of 4 games/yr, bad free agent signings, multiple players getting injured and multiple draft busts over the past 8 years, you're gonna have a MEAN mountain to climb to restore the faith of the fans (hardcore and/or casual). That's what Cam and the team have to overcome. Will they do it? We'll just have to wait, see, and judge accordingly.

On youtube: Username dts5381
As well as the group channel TheSimStandard

Co-Host of Sim Standard Radio Show:

Thursdays at 8PM EST Call in at 914-338-0794
Old 04-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #78
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Smitty, also a fan.

I like your comment about what was fixed from last year. It appears last year they focused on the pass and now this year, the run.

Just wondering if there was any tweaks to the passing game. Signature style QB's would be great now or in the future.

Thanks for all you do.
Thanks for the support man, greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I can't answer that question thoroughly because the build I played was pre-alpha, so it was extremely rough. Hopefully it is more refined, as I've sent a lot of feedback to the team referencing the "Maximum Passing" from APF. Hopefully, they took some of that and broadened the Total Pass Control for M25. I'll just have to wait and see with you guys, unless I get a chance to test a later build of the game. If I do, I'll let you guys know for sure.

On youtube: Username dts5381
As well as the group channel TheSimStandard

Co-Host of Sim Standard Radio Show:

Thursdays at 8PM EST Call in at 914-338-0794
Old 04-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 10

Do we still have the ability to strafe on defense? I user my FS most of the time and like to play center field. Has the defense breakdown button essentially replaced the strafe button?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
First of all, thanks for following and I appreciate the support man. I never have asked about what the limitations were, as the build I played was too early to talk limitations. From what has been publicly spoken of, obviously disk space is a relevant issue for sure. I wouldn't really ask that, because you gotta remember, you had 4 different designer lead changes over this generation. You have Cam Weber trying to restore from what was in a rough state before his arrival. Think about it like your favorite football team. If over a span of 8 years, you had 3 different head coaches and once the all were fired/resigned, the 4th Coach comes in telling the media that in 3 years, we'll be a Super Bowl contender. Now, after posting consecutive losing seasons winning an average of 4 games/yr, bad free agent signings, multiple players getting injured and multiple draft busts over the past 8 years, you're gonna have a MEAN mountain to climb to restore the faith of the fans (hardcore and/or casual). That's what Cam and the team have to overcome. Will they do it? We'll just have to wait, see, and judge accordingly.
Sound like the Miami Dolphins.......lol
Maybe this the year they get it 80% right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »