Home

Madden NFL 25 Lets Ball Carriers Run Free (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Lets Ball Carriers Run Free (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #17
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Its the handling of the transmission that will separate elite stick skills from novice stickers as it will now be like driving in the cockpit - whoever handles the stick best will prevail in mastering the shifts in moves and acceleration bursts.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20
this run free mechanic with the use of the left trigger almost reminds me of FIFA, use the left trigger when you want to pull out the sick moves, and with ratings applying. though i guess in this case it's more of stringing moves together.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #19
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Lets Ball Carriers Run Free (ESPN)

So you can spin one way and then immediately spin the other way? If your RB's rating is low, can you be disorientated and end up running into your own endzone?

I have a funny feeling this is going to be abused at the end of long runs when there is a final man.

A good RB will just pull off a random string of moves that will defy physics or practicality to ensure the final man is beat.

I'd hope to counter this problem the 'in play' stamina will prevent you from being able to do moves like that if you've been running 70 yards already... I don't think I can honestly say I've seen an HB pull off a combination of deadly moves at the end of a long run.

Doing them at the beginning of a run is where it will actually be relevant to a realistic version of NFL football, but people will just sprint to the edge off a counter play instead and take what the D gives (which hopefully isn't the entire field like in M13).

Which brings up another crucial point... Will defenses, along with improved pursuit, understand the notion of setting the edge? Or will everyone just run into the O-Line on a stretch play again and help contribute to how overpowered outside running was.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

The one thing I am getting from these preview articles is that it sounds like ratings might actually matter. That would make a world of difference for franchise mode.

I also like how the running sounds. I can't wait to feel how the players move. If there is actually foot planting and the feeling of weight to them, I will be ecstatic.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #21
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
The one thing I am getting from these preview articles is that it sounds like ratings might actually matter. That would make a world of difference for franchise mode.

I also like how the running sounds. I can't wait to feel how the players move. If there is actually foot planting and the feeling of weight to them, I will be ecstatic.
having ratings matter brings up another issue... the dependency on one man to accurately represent each and every player in the league.

Unfortunately it seems that he has no clue and most ratings are jacked up unnecessarily for star and middle ground players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #22
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

This year, we really focused heavily on the running game, so you’ll see these new interactions and variations like pull block steps, reach blocks, zone steps … a lot of new stuff going on with our blocking game. Every single running play in the entire game has been completely redone.”

Hopefully this means that blockers will actually move their arms away from their body to block instead of staying locked in that stupid hands up by the chest animation waiting for defenders to run or get sucked into them.
Also this sounds like they have worked on more than blocking logic, it sounds like they have redone blocking animations, lets hope they have done the same for pass blocking.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 04-26-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
We’ve also added in combo moves with the right analog stick, almost like you’re playing ‘Street Fighter.’ So when you hit someone with the truck stick by pressing up, you can then hit half circle to spin. You can do back juke, spin combos, go left to right, right to left, and string together multiple moves with our fake-out system.”
Are we playing NFL Street? Or is this a game that is trying to replicate and simulate "NFL FOOTBALL" ???

My favorite part of the video, is the part when Calvin Johnson leaps over a defender and then, immediately after, he somehow still has the momentum, strength and speed to totally TRUCK another defender...

I'm fine with him leaping a guy, but, there is no way he'd have enough momentum left to be able to truck a defender coming in for a clean shot at him... Even if it is Calvin Johnson, that seems a bit ridiculous and very "Madden" of them...

psn - CeeGee

Last edited by cgalligan; 04-26-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yes! Ratings finally matter in the 25th rendition.! Uh....did he say only Running Backs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »