Home

Madden 25 Preview Complex Magazine (Hands on at EA Sports Season Opener)

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Preview Complex Magazine (Hands on at EA Sports Season Opener) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #9
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 25 Preview Complex Magazine (Hands on at EA Sports Season Opener)

I wonder if they may have just went all-in for next-gen. With NCAA's and Madden's features to this point nearly identical I think it could be possible. The Connected Franchise release's are next with one right before the Xbox has their unveil. Then there's that huge gap between that and the next one with E3 falling smack dab in the middle of them. Who know's though, all speculation.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I wonder if they may have just went all-in for next-gen. With NCAA's and Madden's features to this point nearly identical I think it could be possible. The Connected Franchise release's are next with one right before the Xbox has their unveil. Then there's that huge gap between that and the next one with E3 falling smack dab in the middle of them. Who know's though, all speculation.
I'd be very surprised if we don't see a next gen Madden trailer at E3.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'd be very surprised if we don't see a next gen Madden trailer at E3.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see. They could have gone one of two ways with it. Do what they've done so they can work out releasing a next-gen game with at least everything that the current gen game will have with the next-gen bonuses. Or what I hope they've done, is commit to M25 being the last of the current gen and basically have a nearly two year, next-gen dev-cycle heading into next year.

Dollar bills speak though and I think they'll force themselves to put something out this year to milk whatever $$$ they can out of it. Depends on if they truly learned from 06 or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yeah, it will be interesting to see. They could have gone one of two ways with it. Do what they've done so they can work out releasing a next-gen game with at least everything that the current gen game will have with the next-gen bonuses. Or what I hope they've done, is commit to M25 being the last of the current gen and basically have a nearly two year, next-gen dev-cycle heading into next year.

Dollar bills speak though and I think they'll force themselves to put something out this year to milk whatever $$$ they can out of it. Depends on if they truly learned from 06 or not.
That won't happen, the current gen consoles will be in the most homes for the next few years so I don't see them not making Madden for the current gen consoles any time soon. Hopefully they will allocate less resources to the current gen Madden and put most of their efforts in the next-gen Madden.
And you are right, as much as I don't want it to happen, you best believe Madden 25 is coming out on next-gen consoles this year, EA wants every penny they can get, even if the product is not ready to be released. They can care less because people are going to buy it anyway because they are the only NFL game in town.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #13
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

I hope they do what they did with FIFA on the PS Vita and release an almost exact port of previous gen onto the PS4 and then wow us in 2014 with an entirely new(and perfect) physics system, ridiculously deep career mode, 9999 new animations, completely revamped commentary system and absolutely no bugs in the game at all lol

Unlikely, so I'll stick to them actually saving all the really great additions for next gen and giving us a decent itineration on current gen.

I'd normally want a company to provide the best product every year on any platform, but I care more about the franchise's future avoiding the pitfalls of this generations... So an all in approach to next gen could remove future pessimism even if Madden 25 on PS3 is a complete rip-off lol
Old 04-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
That won't happen, the current gen consoles will be in the most homes for the next few years so I don't see them not making Madden for the current gen consoles any time soon. Hopefully they will allocate less resources to the current gen Madden and put most of their efforts in the next-gen Madden.
And you are right, as much as I don't want it to happen, you best believe Madden 25 is coming out on next-gen consoles this year, EA wants every penny they can get, even if the product is not ready to be released. They can care less because people are going to buy it anyway because they are the only NFL game in town.
I get that but what I mean is basically like what they did after Madden 06 on the XBOX and PS2. The games still came out but they were obviously backburner games with all real attention paid to the 360 & PS3 versions. Between Madden 06 and NBA Live, hopefully they understand how important the first next-gen Madden is going to be moving forward. If they do plan on a next-gen release, which I'm sure they are, they better bring at the very least Madden 25 with some upgrades.

I would honestly be fine if M25 was a little weak in terms of features and upgrades as long as bugs were fixed and we were getting a fully fledged out M15 on the next-gen consoles. If November comes and M25 is out on the new consoles and it's just rosters and exhibition mode, I'm going to puke.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I get that but what I mean is basically like what they did after Madden 06 on the XBOX and PS2. The games still came out but they were obviously backburner games with all real attention paid to the 360 & PS3 versions. Between Madden 06 and NBA Live, hopefully they understand how important the first next-gen Madden is going to be moving forward. If they do plan on a next-gen release, which I'm sure they are, they better bring at the very least Madden 25 with some upgrades.

I would honestly be fine if M25 was a little weak in terms of features and upgrades as long as bugs were fixed and we were getting a fully fledged out M15 on the next-gen consoles. If November comes and M25 is out on the new consoles and it's just rosters and exhibition mode, I'm going to puke.
Supposedly they have learned from their mistakes they made last transition and are in a better position to make the next-gen transition this time around, we will just have to wait and see.

During an interview about NCAA Football 14 with Ben H. said they are better prepared for the transition this time and that he watched them struggle with the last transition, and he admitted that this gen has been a hard one (not in those exact words). So its safe to say that the same applies to Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #16
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Supposedly they have learned from their mistakes they made last transition and are in a better position to make the next-gen transition this time around, we will just have to wait and see.

During an interview about NCAA Football 14 with Ben H. said they are better prepared for the transition this time and that he watched them struggle with the last transition, and he admitted that this gen has been a hard one (not in those exact words). So its safe to say that the same applies to Madden.
Yeah I remember that too I just hope it ends up being executed properly. They can be prepared all they want but if they rush it and get off on the wrong foot, it's not going to work out. The best thing for them short term and long term is to come hard with their first release. Set the tone and make it exciting. Retail demos don't excite me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »