Home

How Important Is the Trench Battle:

This is a discussion on How Important Is the Trench Battle: within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: How Important Is the Trench Battle:

One thing I would like to see regarding linemen in general is more importance placed on player measurables.

We saw in the draft how on so many lineman they talk about being undersized or having short arms or other things. Sports games have become so focused on ratings themselves and I would rather see more emphasis put on the nuts and bolts of what SHOULD make these ratings mean something.

I mean how many 6'3+ WR's do we see year in and year out with like 95+ speed in the m13 draft classes or these flat out freaks at RB with 95 speed, 80+ strength, 80+ trucking. These kind of players come around RARELY in real life and I think in order to make these kinds of players feel special in madden we need to be able to give more categories for variance to every player.

Height, weight, arm length, hand size, etc. etc. should all have some kind of weight in what a player's ratings are (to an extent so we still have some undersized or physically flawed players making splashes ala drew brees, russel wilson, percy harvin and the like). It would be nice to be able to look at the linemen in a draft and not just have to look at their pass block, run block, impact block, and strength primarily with secondary focus being on awareness (due to the ease of raising it with the XP system) and accel or other ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »