Home

we need more individuality in regards to the player models.

This is a discussion on we need more individuality in regards to the player models. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
we need more individuality in regards to the player models.

i want to see players with un-tucked jerseys, loose socks, loose and tight arm sleeves, pants slightly above the knees, etc... every player looks the same. the customization is lacking. then on a style, we should have different run styles, hitting styles and so forth. i love what mlb the show has brought to the table and would love to see that implemented into the madden series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: we need more individuality in regards to the player models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikphaze01
i want to see players with un-tucked jerseys, loose socks, loose and tight arm sleeves, pants slightly above the knees, etc... every player looks the same. the customization is lacking. then on a style, we should have different run styles, hitting styles and so forth. i love what mlb the show has brought to the table and would love to see that implemented into the madden series.
I agree all of this would be cool, but it's never going to happen on this generation of consoles. I don't really know the capabilities of the next gen, so I can't say; but I hope they are able to include ALL major equipment, uniform styles, and signature play styles. Would make the game look amazing.

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 04-28-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikphaze01
Agree 100% just dont think Madden will ever put in the work to get it done.Bottom line no competition breeds laziness , poor overall product ,and a lack of effort therof.

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

They need to overhaul player editing on a whole. Height and weight body types should be universal regardless of position. I noticed this yesterday when creating a player that you can make a 5'11" 300 pound lineman and he looks like a little sumo wrestler but if you change him to running back and give him the same measurables, he looks way different.

I would prefer if they gave more options in terms of body editing so that you can make everything from Maurice Jones-Drew to Jared Lorenzen to Gilbert Brown. Just make it like the attribute editing where it's 0-100 and there is a huge variation between the two. Same with the face. Separate it into Skin tone, hair, eyes, nose, mouth, lips, and facial hair and just have a ton of different options for each instead of the stupid generic faces.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They need to overhaul player editing on a whole. Height and weight body types should be universal regardless of position. I noticed this yesterday when creating a player that you can make a 5'11" 300 pound lineman and he looks like a little sumo wrestler but if you change him to running back and give him the same measurables, he looks way different.

I would prefer if they gave more options in terms of body editing so that you can make everything from Maurice Jones-Drew to Jared Lorenzen to Gilbert Brown. Just make it like the attribute editing where it's 0-100 and there is a huge variation between the two. Same with the face. Separate it into Skin tone, hair, eyes, nose, mouth, lips, and facial hair and just have a ton of different options for each instead of the stupid generic faces.
WOWWW! How did you come up with thought bro?!?!? Madden designers have made this game for years and never came up with this idea, is not like it's an obvious, not to mention easy solution to an issue :P

And that's exactly what perturbs me the most about Madden, there are soooo many fixes that seem obvious to us (community) and yet never seem to cross designers minds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

They should just use the sliders they used to have, and make them effective. There wasn't enough difference between 1 & 100; on a 1-100 scale. Then they need to put in a face editor, somewhat like MLB The Show.

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 04-28-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
There is definitely room for expansion in expressing player authenticity but they have shown me this series and thru the m25 feeds that they are in the direction of more.

I highlight the *running styles as there are about 9 different run types across the board that are used for any single player albeit they cannot be modified nor customoized for a created player.

* You can test the ball-carrier differences using Jason Witten v Vernon Davis and Adrian Pererson v Leson Mccoy.

In contribution to the thread, I would like to see a couple additions: one small, one big. One small difference I would like to see is different WR stances; not all WRs stand the same just like no two quarterbacks have the same cadence.

This one is similar to the QB Cadence in that even with its implementation it mau not be fully embraced due to the foreground focus of what is currently at hand but it would still be aesthetically appealing for spectate mode.

I would further like to see a tier of different tackle styles. Some guys are shy about making contact, others are technique guys and then you have your big hitters and dragdown tacklers.

I would be happy to see these four skillsets met but even a mimimum of two would appease me.

Its the player DNA that drives physiology and thus it will be exciting to see players come to life authentically through further DNA strands.

*I confirmed the range of run styles through the online CCM website. In the player cards (there) you can see the run types in their profile; they are not available to see in the edit player menu of the game.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 14

Ill throw my hat into the ring on this one and the main point I want to touch on is hair styles - mainly the hair that hangs out of the back of the helmet.

1) The dreadlocks - No every player who has dreads in the NFL wears them in a ponytail. Top that off with the fact that they are not all the same length. Perfect example: Look at some Corner backs that either in the past or even now have dreads that are on the longer side (where it comes down and covers part of their numbers) - Al Harris back in the day, Rashean Mathis, EJ Biggers.
Then you have players that are more in the mid length range , Dunta Robinson , CJ2k , Asante Samuel ( Where it covers the name plate or some of the name plate )
And last you have the short dreads where they just come out of the helmet and dont go much past the name plate on the back of the Jersey - RGIII, Dashon Goldson etc.
Just to top that off too , it would be cool to see some variances in them being on just the back , maybe some in the front so on and so forth.

2) The pony tails are all literally the same. Casey Matthews looks like Clay Matthews looks like Malouga looks like every other person with that same hairstyle. Again , same problems as the dreads , they are all the same length and flow the exact same way. I remember seeing an entire OLine at one point last year with all the same exact hair. Made me laugh and cry all at the same time. Again , add it in some different lengths and then different variations as well with the over the shoulder in the front etc.

This to me is a little thing that I think they should be able to fix fairly simple. The dreads in Madden for the last gen were actually better looking from an aesthetic standpoint.

twitter.com/tyfromphilly
Xbox One GT - TyFromPhilly

TCSG NBA 2k15 League - http://tyfromphilly.wix.com/tcsgleague

That Connection Sim Gaming Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8g...1ggCIaZkeOUxNA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »