Home

Heat Seeker Feature Explanation

This is a discussion on Heat Seeker Feature Explanation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

OVR: 0
Heat Seeker Feature Explanation

Iv'e seen posters ask about this feature in other threads and I found this so I thought it might help clarify this new feature.

Taken from Joystiq:

"Defensive players should be bolstered this year with better tackling pursuit angles and "breakdown behavior," which is related to a defender's reaction to the ball-carrier. Players will also make use of "heat-seeker" tackling, an under-the-hood feature that can be turned off in the game. Heat-seeker tackling "does more to reduce the number of missed tackles and over/under-steered tackles due to user error," Creative Director Rex Dickson told us."

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/25/ma...-improvements/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Heat Seeker Feature Explanation

Should be interesting. Glad to see there is an on/off option for it. Hopefully it's not too overpowered to where it feels like the game is playing for you.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Should be interesting. Glad to see there is an on/off option for it. Hopefully it's not too overpowered to where it feels like the game is playing for you.
kinda like the ballhawk feature, which needs to be removed or given a toggle on or off button
Old 04-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
kinda like the ballhawk feature, which needs to be removed or given a toggle on or off button
I don't have much of an issue with the ballhawk other than the fact that they always go for the interception. If they tuned it to where the defender would go for knockdowns instead of some of the unreal interceptions I think it would be good.

It was a heck of a lot better than before where the ball would come in and sometimes you would hit Y and your guy would do that stupid generic catch animation away from the receiver and completely take himself out of the play.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

This is my favorite news from the article: "Defense in the game will see other various tweaks, such as better zone coverage logic and improved safeties to guard against previously-exploitable streak routes."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
I still think all moves (juke, spin, catch, INT, swat,tackle,jmp, hurdle, stiff arm) should function just like passing in terms of how the user hits/holds the button should determine - in part at least - the type of move performed.

Then within that mechanic the ratings should be used to determine how long you can hold the button before you release - ie spin move - tap = quick open field spin, Hold and release = power spin or spin off contact.

The ratings would determine effectiveness and how long the "window" for holding the button would last - hold it too long = stumbles/slips/increased fumble risk/loss of balance.

And for the love of football, move the "sprint" button back to X/A so that to perform moves requiring "footwork" you have to release the darn sprint button. Instead the programmers have to work that into moves, why not make the controls "force" sprint release like it did on PS2/XBOX...

Madden is not hockey or basketball and it sure as heck is not a racing game!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
Rookie

This sounds like complete garbage. EA trying to level the playing field for people who suck at usering. Now it doesnt matter that Im great at usering the MLB and sniffing out the run and getting to the ball carrier. My opponnet just has to hold a button to get the same result.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
This is my favorite news from the article: "Defense in the game will see other various tweaks, such as better zone coverage logic and improved safeties to guard against previously-exploitable streak routes."
I like that too. I remember thinking to myself while playing M13 last year that M14's tagline needs to be "Madden NFL 14. Now featuring players with a brain!". That's probably one of my biggest hopes for next-gen Madden is vastly improved AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »