Home

Pre-Existing Dead Money

This is a discussion on Pre-Existing Dead Money within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Pre-Existing Dead Money

I wonder if anyone has mentioned this to EA or if they've hopefully thought about it?

I always thought it was weird when some teams have crazy free cap space when playing Madden, but in many cases that space is actually dead money.

During the draft it was mentioned the Raiders have upwards of 45M in dead money. To instead have that as free space is a massive game changer for what it would be like to take over that franchise.

Hopefully there is an option to include this in the game, much like having authentic draft picks, having authentic cap space.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Pre-Existing Dead Money

Yea dead money is something that EA really need to add into the cap and stuff. For so long in franchise mode you would start a franchise with a team having a ton more money they would have in real life. This would be something nice to add to the cap to make it feel more real in franchise mode. EA will be doing both playbooks for Madden25 in May and revealing stuff. Some believe part 2 of franchise playbook might have to do with Owner mode coming back and all. But them adding dead money into the cap has a low chance of making it in this year. Hopefully once the next Gen Madden gets started then EA will start adding more depth to the cap for more realism. But for now I just don't think it will happen for the current gen Madden.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
Pro

I would definitely like to see the cap and player contracts more like IRL. Obviously there's a lot to the IRL cap and player contracts that it probably couldn't be 100% authentic (we'd probably all end up in cap gridlock lol) but EA could certainly make both more dynamic and realistic than they currently are.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Pro

Legally EA cannot have the 100% exact contracts because player contracts are not public knowledge. We get a base/general idea of what it is, but the exact figures are private.

At least that's my understanding of how it works. It's not so much a bother, as long as the contracts are close I'm happy. But this dead money needs to be accounted for because when it comes to a 32 player league it completely changes the landscape.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Not sure I ever noticed this was missing really. The cap situation in Madden currently is so murky because of the lack of context and no ability to ever see a breakdown of any figure you are looking at.

Went below the minimum number of LGs last night because of injury, couldn't sign the cheapest for cap reasons... so I went and redid someone's contract but I had no idea it worked because the UI makes no attempt to communicate current year's cap, savings, current cap after the deal, etc. And you seem to have different cap numbers in different places sometimes.

So in short, dead money is the tip of the iceberg. I'd be cool if that was just dropped into a 'cap penalty' bucket but an explanation available of what the penalty is comprised of (line item cuts, base starting value representing 2013, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
Banned

I used the editor to give the 49ers all realistic contracts using rotoworld.com and ninercaphell.com. I would say that my 53 player roster is 95% accurate to what it is in reality.

EA/Tiburon could put in realistic contracts but it is very time consuming. However, it can be done as player contracts can also be found on the NFLPA website.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
I wonder if anyone has mentioned this to EA or if they've hopefully thought about it?

I always thought it was weird when some teams have crazy free cap space when playing Madden, but in many cases that space is actually dead money.

During the draft it was mentioned the Raiders have upwards of 45M in dead money. To instead have that as free space is a massive game changer for what it would be like to take over that franchise.

Hopefully there is an option to include this in the game, much like having authentic draft picks, having authentic cap space.
Cool suggestion. That's something that I would like to see as well...
Old 04-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
I used the editor to give the 49ers all realistic contracts using rotoworld.com and ninercaphell.com. I would say that my 53 player roster is 95% accurate to what it is in reality.

EA/Tiburon could put in realistic contracts but it is very time consuming. However, it can be done as player contracts can also be found on the NFLPA website.
how were you able to edit contracts? ive been wanting to do this with the ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »