Home

Madden 25 and addressing some of the Community's Concerns(MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden 25 and addressing some of the Community's Concerns(MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 25 and addressing some of the Community's Concerns(MyMaddenPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
He actually says he hasn't played it yet with the force impact but then says the trailers aren't representative of game play.

Huh?
He explains why he said that right after that and he's right. Most trailers show things that you don't normally see in normal daily gameplay. I don't think I've ever seen a guy fly in the air and get spun around like we saw in the Madden 13 IE trailers. These trailers are trying to oversell certain features and like Shop said the devs put the game on rookie and try to spotlight things that are rare in standard gameplay. Not to mention Shop has talked with other GC's who have had hands on with these features and they also said the trailer was not indicative of what they played in their time with M25.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
He actually says he hasn't played it yet with the force impact but then says the trailers aren't representative of game play.

Huh?
lol, this is the same thing I think TreFactor was alluding to in another thread but again, I don't have an issue with what Shop stated. Reason being, he states upfront that he hasn't tested it, then states again that his optimism about the feature is strictly based on what he has been told. I don't see anything wrong with that because he is being completely transparent, not misrepresenting that he has actually tested a solid version of the feature.

EDIT- To be a little more clear, I feel like he is making it known to the reader that his views on the feature are strictly his unfounded opinion, not anything based on actual game play evidence.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 04-30-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

One concern for the madden 13 rosters is that torrey smith has cut his dreads off. will they get this right? On the same note Devin Hester DOES NOT have dreads anymore he hasnt for 2 years now yet last year they still had devin with short dreads. Even after my countless tweets and messages on the EA rosters Forum. Accuracy accuracy accuracy. do your research on appearances Donny Moore and Co. Please and if you do make a mistake, fix it asap when the community points it out to you. We dont point these things out to break your balls. we point them out to get the MOST accurate rosters possible for EVERYONE'S benefit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #12
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
One concern for the madden 13 rosters is that torrey smith has cut his dreads off. will they get this right? On the same note Devin Hester DOES NOT have dreads anymore he hasnt for 2 years now yet last year they still had devin with short dreads. Even after my countless tweets and messages on the EA rosters Forum. Accuracy accuracy accuracy. do your research on appearances Donny Moore and Co. Please and if you do make a mistake, fix it asap when the community points it out to you. We dont point these things out to break your balls. we point them out to get the MOST accurate rosters possible for EVERYONE'S benefit.
I wouldn't count on it. Jamaal Charles has had full on dreads now for 2+ years and they still have him with the short dreads and generic face. I think that's the problem too. To give them new hairstyles, they'd have to do a completely new face scan to account for it. They need to go old school and separate everything individually and make use of GameFace so they can get as many real faces in the game. The Chiefs had six pro bowlers last year and only two of them have real faces, and one is the stinking punter.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I wouldn't count on it. Jamaal Charles has had full on dreads now for 2+ years and they still have him with the short dreads and generic face. I think that's the problem too. To give them new hairstyles, they'd have to do a completely new face scan to account for it. They need to go old school and separate everything individually and make use of GameFace so they can get as many real faces in the game. The Chiefs had six pro bowlers last year and only two of them have real faces, and one is the stinking punter.
At least they have genric faces and real pics. Steven Ridley is still a silhouette 2 years in. Hopefully in 25 he gets a picture.

As for the original post and story. Seems like all the other articles. This seems like the quietest year for info in a long time.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
At least they have genric faces and real pics. Steven Ridley is still a silhouette 2 years in. Hopefully in 25 he gets a picture.

As for the original post and story. Seems like all the other articles. This seems like the quietest year for info in a long time.
They could be holding out for a big next-gen announcement. I'd be shocked if they didn't show something involving next-gen Madden at E3.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #15
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
One concern for the madden 13 rosters is that torrey smith has cut his dreads off. ...
I know I am possibly in the minority on this one but, I would much rather EA gave us a fleshed out player editor in which you could alter skin tone, nose size/shape, hair styles/color/length - you know a really in depth editor and used "fake" photos, like the player models in pregame.

Same with equipment - just give us a deep editor where we can alter things like face masks, neck rolls, hand warmers/towels, eye black - full on John Randle/Ultimate Warrior face paint - give the user the "power" to flesh these things out.

I am not one of them; but maybe someone out there wants to have all their rookies have "mohawks" as some ritualistic "bad haircut" team building deal, then the next year they want have their hair "grow" back - let the user have that option...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »