Home

Sim Perspective Radio 4/30 Hands on with Madden 25, Run Free Trailer Impressions

This is a discussion on Sim Perspective Radio 4/30 Hands on with Madden 25, Run Free Trailer Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
ZAN
EA Game Changer

OVR: 0
Re: Sim Perspective Radio 4/30 Hands on with Madden 25, Run Free Trailer Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I'm not surprised...there was a point in the podcast that was funny though when one of the interviewees got angry with a caller for calling out the game changers for their insights and lack of implementation of fixes/suggetions they themselves have recommended, while at the same time questioning why they continue to be in the program if they're not satisfied with the results or response from EA(paraphrased). Then it went down hill with the "priority", and "marketing" excuse we've been hearing lately.
A lot of it has to do with NDAs.

On the real, how fair is direct blaming of the Gamechangers? No one outside of us is in the room giving these suggestions or hearing what is going on. To insinuate that because something wasn't implemented on the spot means that it was never brought up is absurd (not saying that you are doing that). There are additions and removals from the game that we don't even see down at EA sometimes when the group is down there.

Also, it's a business too. I'm a big "pro-gameplay" guy. I want the game to play like real football, and could care less about how realistic a blade of grass looks or who's face is in the game. But I understand at the same time that I'm in the minority. The average player doesn't play like I do. They play it during football season and put it down briefly after the Super Bowl. They are also in the majority...wanting cosmetic adjustments and things of that nature...I understand that if you please the majority, your sales are better than if you cater to a minority...even if the minority is very right with their wishes as well.

The EAGC is just an easy scapegoat for venting frustrations with the game. I've taken my fair share of accusations and finger pointing when I wasn't even ON the EAGC roster for Madden 12!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Sim Perspective Radio 4/30 Hands on with Madden 25, Run Free Trailer Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I fully agree with TSS that EA is trying now(as of M13 when Cam took over)to give us the best game they can with what they have to work with. I fully expect the next gen version of Madden to blow these current gen games away.
One version or another of this statement has been used by the same people on this forum the last 2 times that management changed within the Madden team.

Am I supposed to believe that anybody is trying harder now than Ian, Phil, etc. were when these same statements were made (sim, authentic, etc)?

It's not always about effort.

Let the product speak for itself at the end of the day. I'm honestly tired of the prediction game when it comes to EA football games. We (the community) never foresee the kind of mind boggling omissions and/or errors that have plagued this series for years. Just have to wait and see what goes right/wrong this time around.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
One version or another of this statement has been used by the same people on this forum the last 2 times that management changed within the Madden team.

Am I supposed to believe that anybody is trying harder now than Ian, Phil, etc. were when these same statements were made (sim, authentic, etc)?

Let the product speak for itself at the end of the day. I'm honestly tired of the prediction game when it comes to EA football games. We (the community) never foresee the kind of mind boggling omissions and/or errors that have plagued this series for years. Just have to wait and see what goes right/wrong this time around.
Fair enough, I just think for whatever reason EA is withholding a lot from us right now and has something up their sleeves. There isn't even a Presentation Playbook and there has been every year that I can remember. There's no webcasts for ncaa or madden and hardly any videos about either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAN
A lot of it has to do with NDAs....

...I'm a big "pro-gameplay" guy. I want the game to play like real football, and could care less about how realistic a blade of grass looks or who's face is in the game. ...
I understand what you are saying, and for the record I think people going at CGers is directly related to the fact that there are some here and accessible which means people will take a shot, trying to use manipulation (hurt your feelings, challenge your integrity/etc), hoping that they can force a response. Some probably don't even recognize they are doing it.

That said, look at how far backwards EA went, in terms of game play, to get in HD grass, faces and so forth, before grass was pushed so you could see "individual blades" we had running "styles" - grass became a big push and coincidentally these styles were scrapped???

Player faces??? I really do not understand for one second why this matters, at all, to anyone. Really??? How often do you see a player's face during game play? And the picture thing - it is superfluous to have "real photos - just use the "mug shots" of the player models.

EA should place a detailed, deep player editor in the game and quit spending any time on "actual faces". Same with equipment - EA should do the current uniforms and then add in a full fledged editor and allow the community to "fix" up "throwbacks", shoe styles, facemasks, and what have you.

I mean it - stop messing with that junk - give the gamer the "tools" to add that stuff for themselves and get to work on something meaningful - like adaptive AI,
OL/DL interactions,
injuries that include varied "recovery times" based on TGH with "doubtful/questionable/probable" variances,
WR/DB interaction
weather that actually impacts gameplay - ie wind affecting passing/kicking game - precipitation impacting gameplans due to footing/fumbles/dropped passes
Romo can look like Tony Danza in the game, as long as the Ht/Wt player size is right.
3D grass - what a waste of effort/time and resources!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #13
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

abso-friggin-lutely....... im just tired man. im tired of getting my hopes up. and then Lucy pulls that football away, AGAIN. im really tired and I refuse to buy into ANYTHING until I see and feel for myself. all thiss hype and hoopla means nothing to me anymore unfortunately.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Fair enough, I just think for whatever reason EA is withholding a lot from us right now and has something up their sleeves. There isn't even a Presentation Playbook and there has been every year that I can remember. There's no webcasts for ncaa or madden and hardly any videos about either.
that may be because they are going to release on next gen as well
Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Games like MLB The Show did both. (Gameplay and 'the extra's)
They got the core gameplay down and then that allowed the tweaking of gameplay while they added "The little things" each year.

There's no reason Madden/NCAA couldn't have done the same.

The issues in the past with EA was they clearly had no gameplan etc.. for what they wanted to do.
For way to many years it was add a new gimmick as a talking piece while keeping the outdated gameplay and frankly bad football AI in the game.

I like where Madden has been heading the past year but giving any excuses for why we've had such a bad football game almost this whole gen, other than EA's lack of vision on taking the game forward, is something I have to disagree with.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-02-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAN
A lot of it has to do with NDAs.

On the real, how fair is direct blaming of the Gamechangers? No one outside of us is in the room giving these suggestions or hearing what is going on. To insinuate that because something wasn't implemented on the spot means that it was never brought up is absurd (not saying that you are doing that). There are additions and removals from the game that we don't even see down at EA sometimes when the group is down there.

Also, it's a business too. I'm a big "pro-gameplay" guy. I want the game to play like real football, and could care less about how realistic a blade of grass looks or who's face is in the game. But I understand at the same time that I'm in the minority. The average player doesn't play like I do. They play it during football season and put it down briefly after the Super Bowl. They are also in the majority...wanting cosmetic adjustments and things of that nature...I understand that if you please the majority, your sales are better than if you cater to a minority...even if the minority is very right with their wishes as well.

The EAGC is just an easy scapegoat for venting frustrations with the game. I've taken my fair share of accusations and finger pointing when I wasn't even ON the EAGC roster for Madden 12!
It's funny that anyone would blame the EAGCs for the state of madden or lack of improvements or even implementation of those improvements. I know I don't. I understand that they are a conduit between the devs and the community. To that extent I only hold them accountable for their words (written or spoken). I have sorted out which people I think are just providing lips service or are the Rah Rahs. Unlike others I do my research fully before buying any game. For example I'm a GTA fanatic (at one point I was ranked 4th world wide GTA IV) I've been following the information on GTA V since it was announced and if anything changes between now and release I won't buy. Splinter Cell Blacklist is another... others are more lackadaisical about their purchases and where they get their information from... in regards to Madden I only trust the opinion of a select group here at OS because we share the same views on Madden (sim over fun).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »