Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

Not really feelin' it... The hop back move looks awkward... So does the juke hop... The stiff arm actually looks okay... And a guy still gets trucked off his feet? SMH @ 1:09.

I don't know, if it plays well and the AI plays smart, any negative shown here can be forgiven.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #50
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Serious question. How do the running animations look do unrealistic if they use motion capture technology. Not sure how hard it is to use it but, if they capture a person running shouldn't it look the same in the game?
Their animation engine is bad, outdated and badly tuned for a lack of a better word (for example their animations override their physics engine causing impossible things that happen).
Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
The way these videos are going I wish they just would've scrapped Madden 25, give us roster updates for Madden 13 and put all hands on deck for next gen. Because either next gen is going to be horribly disappointing or they're going to be scrapping all of this anyway, because they desperately have to get a new animation engine, new animations and start over.
10000% co-sign to this. This has to be one of the worst animation engine for ANY large video game release in any genre. It has been this way the whole generation and it has to be an engine issue that they just dont feel they can address...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Stixx
I see the talking horse sold you some kool-aid
...and u should read more since ea specifically mentioned a new stamina bar that will affect all of your players, so that you can't continue to make plays such as the ones shown in the video. this is old news.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #53
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

DeMarco Murray broke his own ankle, lol. Serious juking going on there.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0
Good to see some of you guys actually understand that what's being highlighted in the demonstration is what the purpose of this demonstration is! I'm sure the moves you see being displayed wont be cheesy, I would have to guess all this is being played on the lowest gameplay level just to showcase the moves. I gotta question what would you consider Arcady looking moves? Cause from what I see are a bunch of combo moves you were unable to do before but from personal experience I have either done or seen first hand. Also to me None of the moves covers to much space either, I just think they probably look unnecessary or over the top and super effective in some cases cuz the gameplay level. But again I think that's the purpose to show you what's possible. I can't lie haven't been excited for a football game in years but I'm liking what I see!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
I shouldn't have used the word "highlight".

All I'm trying to say is a running back can use his arsenal of moves in the backfield or any other part of the football field, so EA can showcase the Run-Free without most runs going for a lot of yards. Watching the NFL provides all the evidence I could ever need to back-up my point.
why would they showcase "fun-free moves" for running backs tackled after barely hitting the line of scrimmage or behind the line of scrimmage for negative yards? its make sense for them to show "fun-free moves" to show that they can be effective in juking defenders and hitting daylight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
DeMarco Murray broke his own ankle, lol. Serious juking going on there.

LMFAO! hilarious. of course...who's gonna pause their game and turn it off because of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »