Home

Great article and bio on Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg

This is a discussion on Great article and bio on Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #9
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Great article and bio on Madden 25 Designer Clint Olernburg

The article had a subtle positive spin in regards to what we may see in the up coming Madden 25....The negative is I believe this is not the first time EA Tiburon has brought in professional players....I truly believe these Professionals give EA Tiburon the full details of how to do it, just doesn't seem EA Tiburon applies the knowledge, or at least it is not applied effectively...The other possibility is that the details are more complex and we have to wait until the next gen...
Old 05-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Did you read it all or just the first page?
It's an empty article. He suggests features and gives feedback so Madden can be super realistic and awesome. Not news, but maybe encouraging if you already believe it.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
It's an empty article. He suggests features and gives feedback so Madden can be super realistic and awesome. Not news, but maybe encouraging if you already believe it.
This is a complete oversimplification of Mr. Oldenberg's duties at Tiburon as detailed by the article, and of the role of a video game designer in general.

Time will tell if Oldenberg's designs translate well to Madden, but to dismiss his role as a glorified wish list builder is simply ignorant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Only reason I say this is because they have an ex quarterback on staff and the qb animations and movement have not been improved and in some ways have regressed. I haven't seen any footage of guys throw this year yet, so we'll have to see if things are improved.
Didn't Madden 13 add the idea of 1-3-5-7 step drop backs into the series? I do miss the unique quarterback throwing animations, admittedly, particularly as a user of Tony Romo and his quick release.

It can be a mixed bag.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This is a complete oversimplification of Mr. Oldenberg's duties at Tiburon as detailed by the article, and of the role of a video game designer in general.

Time will tell if Oldenberg's designs translate well to Madden, but to dismiss his role as a glorified wish list builder is simply ignorant.
The article itself is simple. Please point out to me some insight revealed by this piece. To me it's all obvious, basic, general stuff. He gives suggestions based on his real experience + Madden experiences, "the engineer puts it into codes [sic]," he gives feedback, they iterate... what other kind of process is even possible? Some people are so eager to see pearls of wisdom and good omens in these local news puff pieces or EA marketing pieces... just point out something that sounds like an insight into the man's job or thought process or impact. Then you can call me ignorant.

Right now I just see a bunch of obvious statements, some marketing hype, some personal background about a guy, and nothing more. This isn't a worthwhile article for anyone who can grasp the obvious and doesn't particularly need to know about Mr. Oldenburg's career path. It's certainly not worth starting a thread over and linking in other threads. I know some of you guys get feverishly excited about the annual hype train, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are going to see anything of objective worth here. But again, please please please point out something that you think gives us a meaningful glance into Madden's development and isn't just, "He has awesome credentials and a real impact so the game will be awesome - for real this time!"
Old 05-05-2013, 03:41 AM   #14
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
JP, Im only bringing up the first page no matter what link I choose.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Didn't Madden 13 add the idea of 1-3-5-7 step drop backs into the series? I do miss the unique quarterback throwing animations, admittedly, particularly as a user of Tony Romo and his quick release.

It can be a mixed bag.
They honestly had these since Madden 10, they just added different animations for the drops(some were worse) and tied it to the receiver icon feature they added. The movement in the pocket was still awfully unrealistic as well as the scramble animations. QB's not keeping their eyes and their shoulders pointed upfield, just fundamental animations and movement I thought they would've added.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 05-05-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

If Clint is going to make a big impact on game play, he is not only going to have to deal with his football knowledge and translating it to Madden, but also find some "nano" gurus, dissect what they are doing, what they are attacking in the blocking logic, and find a way to counter those things in a way that makes football sense.

I am sure that DL "bugs" as I see them are a result of EA attempting to reduce "nano effectiveness", but when you call a play and shift the defensive line left and look at the play art - the d-linemen are still headed by "play design" right to where they would have been going when you called the play. That makes no sense to me - if I wanted them to go there I would not have shifted them left...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »