Home

Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #73
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I think we all can say we are nuts about Madden, always wanting more and better and that's great. Unfortunately there are many who don't know there are roster updates, play online let alone the difference between sim and casual players. Maybe on OS it looks like a great idea, but Madden in the mainstream, many don't know that EA has an exclusive deal nor do they care aslong as madden comes out in August.
^This....Many people on these boards forget that most of the NFL and Madden fans don't care about the details we discuss here on a daily basis. As a business, you cater to the majority of your audience, not to the couple thousand that post on forums. It disheartens me that some OSers can't just find a way to enjoy the game they just spent $60 on.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #74

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
^This....Many people on these boards forget that most of the NFL and Madden fans don't care about the details we discuss here on a daily basis. As a business, you cater to the majority of your audience, not to the couple thousand that post on forums. It disheartens me that some OSers can't just find a way to enjoy the game they just spent $60 on.
Its kinda hard when you have features being taken away and new ones being implemented half assed. We had a better product 10 years ago. It regressed. Going from something good for its time then expecting better and being told you would receive better but things are actually worse yea gonna be tough to enjoy that.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #75
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I agree with this. I teach high school and most of the kids who play Madden care more about having fun and seemed pretty excited for the new running stuff. They honestly could care less about how it looks (players looking hunched) or if the Guard makes the correct block.

To be perfectly honest, the amount of students who care about Madden each year actually decreases. About 7-8 years ago, we talked about it in class. Heck I even used to run a tournament at the end of the year for kids to play (i ended up stopping it because of the drop in interest)

I even used to run a simulation project with Madden (PC version though) and even that the kids lost interest in each year.

For the record I teach Sports Marketing and about 90% of my students play High School Sports and 85% play some sort of video games.

EA does cater to the masses and they should...its a business. But, I think they do both by adding the details for the hardcore community and making it more sim, but having the option to play arcade/sim. I am pretty sure 2k basketball used to have a toggle option to play either Sim or Arcade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #76
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Its kinda hard when you have features being taken away and new ones being implemented half assed. We had a better product 10 years ago. It regressed. Going from something good for its time then expecting better and being told you would receive better but things are actually worse yea gonna be tough to enjoy that.
You are the consumer. They don't force you to buy the video game. Law doesn't dictate that a football video game has to be available for purchase. If you spend the money on a non-researched product, you better be ready to attempt to find a way to make it enjoyable.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #77
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree that FIFA and NHL have to deal with the suits too, but lets not kid ourselves, soccer and hockey are no where near as watched as football in the US. Those two series have far less casual players and are almost exclusively played by die hard fans of the sport. Whereas Madden has as wide of a demographic as Halo and COD. Most kids don't grow up dreaming to be Sydney Crosby or Ronaldinho in the US, they grow up wanting to be the next Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #78
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
lol I find it disheartening that we have to "find a way" to enjoy the game
Old 05-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #79
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
lol I find it disheartening that we have to "find a way" to enjoy the game
Please explain. Do all consumer purchased products have to cater to all your wants and perceived needs? Is it always the manufacturers fault if you can't enjoy the product they developed? I'm confused by your statement.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #80
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Please explain. Do all consumer purchased products have to cater to all your wants and perceived needs? Is it always the manufacturers fault if you can't enjoy the product they developed? I'm confused by your statement.

Enough of this straw man ****. We arent talking about "every consumer product". we are talking about THE ONLY NFL GAME ON THE MARKET.

Before the exclusive you could play very different brands of football, arena, college, pros, arcade/street, blitz, head coach, ect......, after the deal EA made the choice to consolidate all of their football products down to two, Madden and NCAA.

So sorry if people are UPSET WITH THE ONLY "CONSUMER PRODUCT" ON THE MARKET!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »