Home

Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I listened to about an hour of the show. It was pretty brutal imo. The first 12 minutes were spent talking about people writing off the game based off the initial trailers, and the standard response that the trailers don't show what the game is like and it had WIP in the corner. How people always complain the game doesn't change, etc. etc.

Then they each took a turn dicussing the new running additions and it was all good reviews. Each of them essentially said you have to experience it for yourself with the game/demo. (Where have I heard that before?)

The last part I listened to was them basically stating that they are still setting the "foundation". Current gen has limitations, there is a lot to fix an they only have one cycle...if you liked 13 you will enjoy 14.

That was as far as I got. It sounds like the usual song and dance pony show to be totally honest. That said, I didn't enjoy 13. I hated the wrs reacting to the pass as it was being released. I thought practice mode for xp was dull and tedious. I didn't like the cpu play calling. I felt like the IE only responded with realistic physics about half the time.

I honestly can't see Madden 14 being good after 13 was sooooo bad imo. After an hour of these guys, I get the impression they would agree with me.
Gamers should never judge an video game based on preview trailers. As for the running animation in Madden NFL 25, it sounds promising. But, I'm truly on the fence with the game. You said "where have I heard that before"? In almost every Madden football game & I'll play the demo for myself. I haven't play Madden NFL 13, so I can't comment on that. But, I've heard alot of negativity towards that particular game. I've only got to around 65 minutes of the podcast so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #106
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousPanther
Quote:
Gamers should never judge an video game based on preview trailers.
As for the running animation in Madden NFL 25, it sounds promising. But, I'm truly on the fence with the game. You said "where have I heard that before"? In almost every Madden football game & I'll play the demo for myself. I haven't play Madden NFL 13, so I can't comment on that. But, I've heard alot of negativity towards that particular game. I've only got to around 65 minutes of the podcast so far.
In this day and age, money is tight and companies like EA likes to pull the old "banana in the tail pipe trick" when we're getting comfortable in that drivers seat from all that nice footage they just showed us.

Point is, we have nothing else to really go off of until the game is released, we have seen numerous trailer for games that are clearly months or even a yr or so out from being in our hands. With regards to madden and EA, its the same old thang every yr, bait us in and takes our money on false adverstisement and fanboyism across the net pumping up the next madden. After about a week or 2, these same guys that were doing all the pumping up all of a sudden disappear when the shiz-nit hits the fan and we have stickied lists above the forums for people who are having problems with the game.

Maddens shortcomings moreso comes from the fact that everything is "automatic" when it shouldnt be. If the gameplay was dynamic especially in those heart pounding composure exposing moments, this game would be leagues better even with its flaws! EA just doesnt and the lil hope i have for nex gen hinges on them learning from this gen. If not then all hope can be lost.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #107
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Source?

Otherwise, unless you're an international ambassador, I don't know that I can give much stock to this theory. If FIFA/soccer is king overseas (as the NFL is here), you mean to tell me there aren't gamers who casually play the game? The majority are hardcore?
yea rgiles fifa is EA sports best selling game then NHL i believe. the international audience makes a tremendous difference. FIFA is the only sports game that not only has a normal league game. but also when its world cup time there is another game of its own out. Why do that if there wasn't a consumer demand for it. I bought South Africa world cup..i am def a casual gamer of soccer and loved the game..i didn't know what was missing or added it was just a really cool game i couldn't beat my 8 year old son in.

OT these guys are trying to give a glimpse of what they saw and did ..as they repeated many times over numerous radio shows "you have to play it yourself"
Old 05-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #108
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
The guy took time to listen to the entire podcast and write up a nice summary, and I appreciate that. If you want the minute details, listen to it yourself.
jpdavis82, control your entourage please.

I was asking if details were provided in the vid, not for him to transcribe it. This may or may not imply he knew exactly what I meant, but thanks though.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They can still work on it, it's early May.
The game doesn't release for a few months, but let's keep in mind that there are steps leading up to certifying a game and releasing millions of copies on multiple platforms. Removing psychic WRs now means changing the timing of the passing game and pass defense. It means the QB would throw to a different spot than he's throwing to now (since the WR would have to turn his head and react, not immediately change course). There would need to be new logic for WRs noticing the ball in the air and reacting to it based on ratings. Then DBs would need to be reworked to defend this instead of what we have now. That's a lot to change, and I just don't see that happening this fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »