Home

Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Smoke6, you should know by now the Madden NDA is in place to let the good impressions out and keep the negative aspects under lock and key until it's too late. That being said, I wouldn't worry about Madden 25, it will have all the bells and whistles because it's the last on this gen. (probably why there is a Madden Share in this version) I also wouldn't worry about the first next gen Madden (bet it won't have Madden Share). They've had a head start on it so it won't be a repeat of 06. What I would caution everyone on though is to temper their enthusiasm for improved AI and player movement (next gen)...they just don't seem to get what we mean by that.
I agree with you on most of this, but I do think they will give us much improved player movement and AI on the next gen systems. We already know that they are going to have a new engine for EA Sports titles. I think this new team of developers (since M13) is going to turn some heads once they get the tools that the next gen system will offer them. They are giving us the best they can right now with the old engine hand that they were dealt. I fully expect next gen Madden to be a top 2 or 3 sports game for years to come.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 25 Impressions TSP Radio Tonight at 8PM EST Discussing recent trip to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Yea, I agree with this^!

Its good news nonetheless but its like tip toeing and I still dont understand why there are NDA's for a game that has 'NO COMPETITION" what-so-ever. Its not like it would be that hard to trump what madden has become this gen, any dev team thats been following Madden this gen and are capable of competing with them in the future would be able to do it with ease.

Just Spill the beans EA and stop with the "trickle down" stuff, its football for crying out loud, not some game we never played before and dont know what to expect feature wise.
I don't know how much this reply will have to do with your post Smoke but it sparked this in my mind. I am really bitter over the last going on 9 years, even though I try not to express it. I always say you can't control how you feel, you can only control your reactions, so that's what I try to do. However, I'm still bitter, for lack of a better word, at the unnecessary bs that has happened with licensed football this entire gen. EA and the NFL effed me right out my favorite vice, football gaming, for no fault of my own, by putting the only NFL licensed game in the hands of Tiburon for 9 years. I honestly don't care about the NFL license being exclusive, it's the only game that has that license, being a hot mess as a football sim video game, that's so ridiculous, especially when other studios are making better sims of their respective sports.

I think EA football will finally get solid on the new consoles but I still hope other studios are allowed to make NFL games again so I can boycott EA football games out of spite, going forward, lol.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I fully expect next gen Madden to be a top 2 or 3 sports game for years to come.
Based on what excactly? Hope and Dreams? Good luck.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #20
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriendlyghst
Based on what excactly? Hope and Dreams? Good luck.
The progress I have seen since the current dev team took over starting in Madden 13. They have for two consecutive years now, tried to implement simulation elements into the game. Things like what Clint Oldenburg is doing with the trench play, Victor Lugo with physics, these are things that we have wanted for years. The new tools they will have on the next gen will allow them to do so much more than what they can right now IMO. I think there are some very valid reasons to be excited for Madden in the future. They are building off of 13 this year with Madden 25 and will build off that with the next gen Madden's. Some of that is speculation, but a lot of it is fact and things I have heard from people who have talked to and spent significant amounts of time with the dev team members.

There are obviously reasons for concern, based on EA's track record, but I'm 65/35 positive about the future of Madden as of right now. I was 60/40 after playing Madden 13 100+ hours so take that into consideration before you think that number is way too high and more based on Madden 25's possibilities. Hopefully after the E3 next gen reveal and after I have played M25 for 50hrs+, that number will be more like 80/20.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-08-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Smoke6, you should know by now the Madden NDA is in place to let the good impressions out and keep the negative aspects under lock and key until it's too late. That being said, I wouldn't worry about Madden 25, it will have all the bells and whistles because it's the last on this gen. (probably why there is a Madden Share in this version) I also wouldn't worry about the first next gen Madden (bet it won't have Madden Share). They've had a head start on it so it won't be a repeat of 06. What I would caution everyone on though is to temper their enthusiasm for improved AI and player movement (next gen)...they just don't seem to get what we mean by that.
LOL! I was alluding to that but didnt want to come off in a way that would get me flagged or my post deleted. I tried being vague about it as much as possible lol.

But yes I do know about the bait and switch leading up to release when they showcase there "target" and make it look like thats how the game plays and once we get that "work in progress" demo we are wowed plunking down $25 for that early release scam just to play the game early for 3 days and then spend another $60 once the game releases.

These dudes are smart as heck now that I come to think of it, brilliant for that matter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #22
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The progress I have seen since the current dev team took over starting in Madden 13. They have for two consecutive years now, tried to implement simulation elements into the game. Things like what Clint Oldenburg is doing with the trench play, Victor Lugo with physics, these are things that we have wanted for years. The new tools they will have on the next gen will allow them to do so much more than what they can right now IMO. I think there are some very valid reasons to be excited for Madden in the future. They are building off of 13 this year with Madden 25 and will build off that with the next gen Madden's. Some of that is speculation, but a lot of it is fact and things I have heard from people who have talked to and spent significant amounts of time with the dev team members.

There are obviously reasons for concern, based on EA's track record, but I'm 65/35 positive about the future of Madden as of right now. I was 60/40 after playing Madden 13 100+ hours so take that into consideration before you think that number is way too high and more based on Madden 25's possibilities. Hopefully after the E3 next gen reveal and after I have played M25 for 50hrs+, that number will be more like 80/20.
Not to be a wet blanket, but the last two years should not be a measuring stick for the new consoles and Madden next gen. Every time EA has tried to implement "simulation elements" into the game, they come off as half assed arcade gimmicks. Nothing would suggest to me that this will change given the annual release schedule of the game. Even with a two year head start (rumor). We don't know what the new consoles will bring and only have the history of the game to judge by, anyone who has absolutely no faith is just as valid as the eternal optimist. Neither can say for certain but the pessimists have a strong record by which to judge by...the optimists...not so much.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I just have a question for you, how would E3 be too late? E3 takes place in June and by then, there should be plenty of live gameplay footage released for public view, analysis, and dissection accordingly. Also, if the game isn't on point when it comes to launch, we'll tell it like it like it is for the consumer's sake. Also, don't forget that there will be a demo to play prior to launch as well. So, it'll only be a few more weeks before you'll see raw gameplay, plus details that we'd be able to get into further about M25.

On youtube: Username dts5381
As well as the group channel TheSimStandard

Co-Host of Sim Standard Radio Show:

Thursdays at 8PM EST Call in at 914-338-0794
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #24
Rookie

coolcat3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i liked it happy to hear that more improvements on defense... i actually like defense on madden as a user..just some int animations got on my nerves. knowing that trip over crazy limb animations won't be there. for me i would like to see the entire defense use the correct animation for t step its in the game, but only a number of players on defense does it.

biggest for me tho is d line moves ...they didn't talk bout that.
For me the pass rush may be the deciding factor for me whether I buy the game or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »